Looking for honest feedback on my game music

Started by
13 comments, last by bailey1990 7 years, 5 months ago

About flute, i gotta create second flute track that will play fasta notes, because preset dont allows for switch with keys but its okay.

Yep, that's okay. You end up having a lot of different articulation tracks if you want to polish the melodies :) With key switches you have less tracks but sometimes they are harder to handle. And also one trick for realism is using (not often) some ready made articulations from the instrument patches if if they have those. Like trills, slurs, slides etc. Those can be easily recognizable for people using the same vst instruments so use them sparsely :)

Advertisement

I like it

You have very nice compositions. I really like it, especially the Cloudy Meadow. This may sound a lot of work and if it's fine by you, I highly, highly suggest you ensure each note gets its volume, making a way smoother articulation. I also kind of find it weird between 1:19 to 1:24, it felt like I'm being hold for some notes that aren't finished.

The War is only solution, overall it's nice, as I said at first. at the end of the track 1:38 ~, it feels like you're forcing yourself to put more notes there, or it is too early to end it (removing the other instruments at 1:38), or the perc is not strong enough to build up the strings on 1:39 - 1:40. A cymbal maybe could help.

Through Forest. At first I thought you variate your piano too much, but then seems like you repeat it more than 2 times of the patterns, so I guess it's ok. I used to variate my notes too much that I don't remember the music at all, and that, in my opinion, isn't really nice. Same like Cloudy Meadow, make the articulation for the piano. It's as if you're playing a real piano. But if it's a chiptune I can't help it that's for sure. :lol: It's just the following instruments are realistic, so I'm expecting the piano to be not so flat.

I really like the entrance at 0:24 and the strings build up at 0:32, and how it gives me the chill at 0:37 to 0:55! It's so nice, that even the transition to the drums are just nice. All I really want to take on is the piano. I really, really love the choir, that 1:04 - 1:05 (and the followings like that), is just that catchy.

The composition is already nice, it can be great if you make the articulation of the piano.

Hope that helps!

Thank you very much for your feedback, Alectora, this compositions are pretty old and I already worked on some points that you made but still found something new to fix ^_^

Hey,

Nice idea so far. And I am really glad to to know that you are creating music for games. If you can do this then games will be much more interesting and people feel inspriration to play games more. I would like to introduce you with a new social networking website which will help you to find out your desired singer and rated your favorite singer too. Let's have a look here http://www.musically-charts.com/

Hope that help!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement