• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Kosper

I want to learn untiy engine but its too difficulrt

This topic is 727 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I want to learn c# because i want to develop games in unity engine but it is too difficult because i dont know any programming language and many tutorials are very confusing because i dont know how to speak very well and it is difficult to understand because of some words.What do you suggest me to do to learn c# and unity faster?

Advertisement

You can also make all sorts of games visually without writing code using Unreal Engine 4's Blueprints.

Why can you not speak very well? Language barriers?

I'd recommend learning some basic programming first in a language (spoken) that you understand. Perhaps something like Python, should be able to find some tutorials/resources in whatever your native language is. c# is a fairly popular language so you might be able to find some tutorials in your language for that (depending what your native language is). 

It is difficult to learn programming, c#, game programming and Unity all at once. You should try to learn some basic programming first without all the other factors and then slowly pick those up too. I suggested Python because it is a little easier to learn than c# while still having all the basics you will require but eventually you would want c# for Unity (or Java) so you could skip the Python step and try some beginner c# tutorials (without Unity).

Visual Studio Community 2015 is free and will let you code in c# without needing any Unity so consider trying that. If you mention what your native language is perhaps people can offer tutorials in your language. I don't really know of any c# tutorials myself.

Thanks for your help.Python seems easier also i found some tutorials online that can help me to understand better this programming language.

Do you have any friends that speak your native language and also want to learn to program? Sometimes having a programming buddy can be helpful and motivating.

If you don't know how to program at all. Learning how to program AND how to use Unity is much harder. You might consider going to Khan Academy to learn how to program.
https://www.khanacademy.org/

It teaches JavaScript which has a similar syntax to C#.

- Eck Edited by Eck

Do you have any friends that speak your native language and also want to learn to program? Sometimes having a programming buddy can be helpful and motivating.

If you don't know how to program at all. Learning how to program AND how to use Unity is much harder. You might consider going to Khan Academy to learn how to program.
https://www.khanacademy.org/

It teaches JavaScript which has a similar syntax to C#.

-Eck

I have a friend that want to learn to program but he is too busy.Also i have an account to this website but i have never started to learn how to program.

I have a friend that want to learn to program but he is too busy.Also i have an account to this website but i have never started to learn how to program.

maybe you can specify your language, so you could find someone also in the forum that can help you.... :)

Edited by Revan1985

maybe you can specify your language, so you could find someone also in the forum that can help you.... :)

I can understand the english language the problem is that many of the words in tutorials are very difficult because i dont know the meaning.I want a simple tutorial and not a confusing one.My main language is greek by the way.

If Unity is too hard, and you want something with less language check out UE4's blueprint system. It is very visual in the sense that you add blocks and wire them together. 

You can also make all sorts of games visually without writing code using Unreal Engine 4's Blueprints.

I'm probably not the best to ask this question because I've been programming since before the dinosaurs were a thing and C# was probably about the 8th language I learned.

But I don't think Unity is a good way to learn C#. It kind of has it's own thing going on with C#. It's probably better to learn C# outside of Unity. (And Unity itself is not that easy.)

MonoGame is probably a better way to learn C#. XNA was very good for learning C#. That's largely how I learned C#. XNA had some really good books. And it uses a much more pure C# than Unity does.

RB Whitaker's book "The C# Player's Guide" is a really good C# book to learn from although I had been doing C# for a few years when I read it. So, I wasn't coming at it as a beginner. His website has tutorials to teach C#, XNA, and MonoGame.

Unity is a good platform and I don't have anything against Unity. But just when it comes to learning C#, I think MonoGame/XNA have it beat on that. C# and XNA were so easy that I was able to learn 3D game programming on them. Now I do C++ with DirectX and OpenGL. XNA pretty much made that possible.

Edited by BBeck

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!