• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
sachin_kumawat

Learning of 3d art and various options available in India

This topic is 818 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello all, I've been currently learning 3d art and modelling using 3ds max and also c++ for basic programming & i have very much interest in gaming and want to pursue game development in future(art , animation or programming). But i have question how long it will take to learn 3d art because i don't have any experience and i can't do any art related course. I am currently doing electrical engineering from one of IIT's in India but i don't have any interest to pursue it in future. Also i have no options available for doing an course on art or animation from any other college. Someone please guide me what i can opt since in India very less options are available for game development and where to start. Thank you.

Edited by sachin_kumawat

Advertisement

i have very much interest in gaming and want to pursue game development in future(art , animation or programming).

It takes about 3-4 years dedication to learn a skill, for this reason most people choose either 3D modeling, Animating or programming; learning all 3 is going to be though.

I started out attempting all three, after seven years, of professional 3D modeling, I was able to reduce the time I needed to practice 3D modeling and start adding animation to my daily training; I am a amateur programmer.

I even had to give up on my dream of making games for the time being, now I only make games as a hobby when I have free time.

Someone please guide me what i can opt since in India very less options are available for game development and where to start.

I remember reading that the Indian market was leading in mobile apps, a few years ago; why not start there?

As for what skill to learn, only you can decide that, give them all a try and stick with the one you can dedicate your live to learning.

i have very much interest in gaming and want to pursue game development in future(art , animation or programming).

It takes about 3-4 years dedication to learn a skill, for this reason most people choose either 3D modeling, Animating or programming; learning all 3 is going to be though.

I started out attempting all three, after seven years, of professional 3D modeling, I was able to reduce the time I needed to practice 3D modeling and start adding animation to my daily training; I am a amateur programmer.

I even had to give up on my dream of making games for the time being, now I only make games as a hobby when I have free time.

Someone please guide me what i can opt since in India very less options are available for game development and where to start.

I remember reading that the Indian market was leading in mobile apps, a few years ago; why not start there?

As for what skill to learn, only you can decide that, give them all a try and stick with the one you can dedicate your live to learning.

Thanks for answering my questions, i will keep this in mind. You mean i should focus on particular field like modeling or programming.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!