• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

window (not windows) programming?

This topic is 5901 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

How the heck can you get separate windows on your screen, each independent from what you’re doing with the rest. My intent is do get a scrolling map with status bars on the right side and the bottom of the screen. What I thought of is to have the scrollable map and the bars in different segs of the memory. So the only thing to do is to combine the viewable part of the map with the bars before scanning. However there my theory breaks down. How do you combine them without messing the whole memory and in reasonbale speed? It should scroll halfway smoothly after all. Maybe some weird graph mem ops? I’ve really no idea, besides split screen of course, which is not relly helpful. Any ideas or recommendations are welcome! By the way, I’m working with TP 6.0 and integrated asm. I know that directx and visual c are the future but hey, did you never want to invent the wheel anew?

Advertisement

• Advertisement