Feedback on new Business Card

Started by
13 comments, last by Koobazaur 7 years, 6 months ago
Hi Folks!

I'm working on a new business card and could use some feedback!

vowGKI8.jpg

Thoughts? Note the title changes below my name. Looking for feedback on style and wording.

Thanks!
Comrade, Listen! The Glorious Commonwealth's first Airship has been compromised! Who is the saboteur? Who can be saved? Uncover what the passengers are hiding and write the grisly conclusion of its final hours in an open-ended, player-driven adventure. Dziekujemy! -- Karaski: What Goes Up...
Advertisement
I like the design. It's memorable. The "title" below your name looks good to me.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

I'm preferring the top left or bottom left. I like the stylised font used for the name on the bottom left but not the mono font.

Steven Yau
[Blog] [Portfolio]

I'd cut the word "Founder" unless you have developed it to a moderate-sized company.

I would prefer a smooth gradient instead of the sharp background transitions, they are a distraction to me.

I like the "Crafter of Stories and Experiences" as it feels better than "writer".

Of the four styles, I prefer the top left.

@Tom - thanks! Which version are you referring to?

@Frob - I initially had it off, but had a conversation with a fellow producer who said it should be on it since it's an important thing to know for producers/press.
Comrade, Listen! The Glorious Commonwealth's first Airship has been compromised! Who is the saboteur? Who can be saved? Uncover what the passengers are hiding and write the grisly conclusion of its final hours in an open-ended, player-driven adventure. Dziekujemy! -- Karaski: What Goes Up...

@Tom - thanks! Which version are you referring to?

Doh. I didn't notice that they were different, and you were looking to choose one. I guess I looked
at the bottom right one. Which one is better? One of the top two, with the easy-to-read font.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

@Frob - I initially had it off, but had a conversation with a fellow producer who said it should be on it since it's an important thing to know for producers/press.

Many people use inappropriately large titles like CEO and Founder when it is a single individual or partnership. The titles imply a particular scale. I stand by it needed to be at least a few employees before you use words like that. If you've got an established company with 10+ people then Founder is fine, but if it is just two or three, I would probably leave it off.

That is especially true if it is few people and you go with "Crafter of Stories and Experience".

I also prefer the top left, and I also think "Founder" is premature (at least it wasn't CEO or President!).

The graphics in the bottom left are problematic for me: It's hard to visually parse.

Eventually I realized it was a zeppelin coming through clouds with some (very odd) lightning flashing. But it took me quite some time to realize that.

Initially I thought it was an alien head with a weird plant root thing (the lightning) growing out of it, and then I thought it was a cartoony spaceship going into who knows what (the lightning).

Hmm interesting point. But in a way I guess it made you actually look at it longer ;p

Why is founder premature? I published two commercial titles so far and 3 freebies, I don't think it's inappropriate. I am also looking for both producers and artists to hire so it's good to communicate they can contact me directly about this stuff. Or so is my logic.

I like the Crafter line for being more intriguing and closer to what I actually do on my games, but I worry it comes off bit pretentious.

Maybe just creative lead or creative director?

I also think I'll take off the twitter handle. People can find me easily enough and it's already too much text

EDIT: How's these for final look? Top or Bottom?

iZGfCPG.jpg

That's bone. And the lettering is something called Silian Grail.

It just had to be said ;)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement