• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Icebone1000

Multiple monitors causing access violation on release of interfaces at app exit

This topic is 809 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

You gotta to be kidding me..

So I went back to my project with have been abandoned for months, and to my surprise it gave me error at releasing sampling states..something I dont mess with in freagging ages..

Did some inspection, nothing wrong with the samplers...than I changed the order of releasing, and released samplers before, than input layout states, and voila, the access violation came for the input layout..

Since I dont mess with any of that for ages, the only thing that changed is that I aquired a (btw super expensive holy shit) cintiq, withch works as a second monitor. So I disabled it from the nvidia panel, and voila.. no more access violation.

How do I even begin to solve this..

Edited by Icebone1000

Advertisement

Wow, haha, never heard of that happening before. Of course I haven't been a graphics programmer for very long either. What I would recommend for a first step before going shoulders deep in debugging your codebase is to check the driver on the GPU, it may need to be rolled back, or even updated. Also, you don't have anything like surround enabled do you?

I'm working on an app as well in D3D11 and don't experience a similar issue with three 1080 panels in surround. Might also be a good idea to post the code that pertains to your D3D com objects lifecycle (i.e. how you create them, if you modify them, and how you destroy them)

Marcus

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!