• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fuzzy Textures

This topic is 6022 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

When calling CreateTextureFromFileEX(), I am setting the texture filter to D3DX_DEFAULT. While giving me the proper size of the texture, it is making the image a bit fuzzy and distorted. On the other hand, D3DX_FILTER_NONE gives me a crisp picture but crazy, improper sizes. Any ideas on how to solve this? Could it be something like in DDraw when you have to make the rectangle a bit larger than the image to pick up the left and bottom sides?

Advertisement
What sizes are the textures you''re trying to load? Are they square? Are their sides powers of 2 (2,4,8,16,32,64, etc)?

Superpig
- saving pigs from untimely fates
- sleeps in a ham-mock at www.thebinaryrefinery.cjb.net

Guest Anonymous Poster
Ah...I see. The farther the image size strays from a power of 2, the more distorted it becomes. Can I make an image 128 + 16 = 144 without distortion then? I''m about to find out, but I would like to know that I''m not limited to such huge jumps in sizes...

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!