Which hairstyle looks best?

Started by
10 comments, last by kenny_pecheur 7 years, 6 months ago

For a 2D medieval platformer, which of these hairstyles would you want to play with the most?

Advertisement

Not that it necessarily "looks best" but I would probably choose style 4, depending on my colour options. I would hope that you'd ultimately include all 12 styles in a few different colour possibilities.

Making the scarf lower in front so it doesn't look like he has no chin, and making the thighs thicker would improve the whole batch. :wink: I like 6, 8, 11, and 12 better than the others as far as just the hair, though.

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

TBH each one of these are expressing a very different and unique personality. Tell us more about the character, their background, story and setting and then I can better decide which one fits better.

I like 8.

TBH each one of these are expressing a very different and unique personality. Tell us more about the character, their background, story and setting and then I can better decide which one fits better.

A squire without a knight. On a quest for the king, even though the king never asked him. 20 years old. Clumsy, courageous, idiotic, and good-hearted. Able to wield a sword, and a magic wand or a bow and arrow. Average wealth.

A squire without a knight. On a quest for the king, even though the king never asked him. 20 years old. Clumsy, courageous, idiotic, and good-hearted. Able to wield a sword, and a magic wand or a bow and arrow. Average wealth.

Mmmm...
ok these are the feelings that evoke on me:
1 & 4: He is clumsy, kinda nerdy and intelligent. Not good reflexes due to his hair covering his sight. Not really good with a sword, probably better with magic. Good heart.

2: Not very smart, gets provoked easily that gets him into fights & trouble. Probably got into the king's quest because he had a confrontation with a pig owned by the evil guy; and he just wants to get revenge on the pig.
He's like 1&4 except his hair is not covering his sight (which makes him better w/ reflexes) but the spiky hair denotes danger/angryness/confrontation; hence he can't be very smart like 1&4.

3 & 8: Rushes into a fight. Brute force and brawl over everything else. Wants to become a chevalier by proving his worth in senseless self-imposed quests for the King. Cares for others and willing to sacrifice himself for them, good heart. Stereotypical hero.

5 & 6: Either comes from a wealthy family or pretends to come from one. Manners over everything. Quite narcistic. Likes to crack jokes. Brags more than what he can chew. Wants to prove he can rescue & get the princess in senseless self-imposed quests. Kind of like Don Quijote, he lives in his own imaginary world.
Btw #6 reminds me of Guybrush Threepwood.

9: Strong, bully, borderline fascist; but in a funny way not in a serious tone. Overall combat skills balanced. He's into a quest if there's something for him.

12: Either he comes out of a Toriyama's story (Tapion, West Supreme Kai, Crono from Chrono Trigger) and thus he has ridiculous exaggerated powers and damage resilience (which is useful for comic relief); or he's going through a "nobody understands me" adolescent phase, which often gets exploited by the villains. Ultimately good of heart. Average wealth.

7. 10 & 11: I've got nothing in particular evoked on me that's worth highlighting.

Given your draw style, I got the impression you're looking into some comedy or parody, rather than serious (i.e. not Dark Souls; more like Epic Battle Fantasy). Your style strongly reminds me of Larry of Karryon (there's only 2 episodes, a few mini game, and several games)

Oh. Yeah that seems like 4 to me.

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

My vote is for number 4.

Mend and Defend

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement