• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
suliman

Why no Liero remake?

This topic is 811 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I wont do this, but why didnt anyone do it so far?

Liero was a simple yet VERY fun game to play with friends. A modern version with better graphics, effects and maybe more polished weapons selection while retaining most of the original gameplay would make a lot of sence.

So why do you think this hasnt been implemented? Design-wise its a splendid game.

Advertisement

No-one has gotten around to it yet?

Worms-type turn based games is fun, I don't doubt it is fun in realtime too.

I wont do this, but why didnt anyone do it so far?

Liero was a simple yet VERY fun game to play with friends. A modern version with better graphics, effects and maybe more polished weapons selection while retaining most of the original gameplay would make a lot of sence.

So why do you think this hasnt been implemented? Design-wise its a splendid game.

Umm. Gusanos? LieroAI aka LieroSDL? There was a game with squirels, same concept (WarKurre or something). LieroXtreme, NiL, YALC, .. There was one with pretty good graphics and stuff, but that was rather unpopular with the Liero community since the jump was animated and not instantaneus.. NiM2 I think. There was a VB game called something like Nex7+. Soldat was popular with the community and IIRC developed by a member of the Liero community. A friend of mine made an Android version for some school project.

There has been tons of them, it's just that the genre isn't that popular. Local multiplayer is pretty much for consoles only these days, and Liero type games are very difficult to sync over network due to large amounts of objects and large butterfly effect type problems.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!