• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
dleanjeanz

Wanna Learn How to Make Music for my Hobby Game projects

This topic is 663 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I can already code and do some vector art.

And I wanna learn how to make music too cause I know a guy who can code, do art and music on his own.

So I asked him how he got started and his advice is basically "Just do it" "and learn some music theory".

After that I got FL Studio Mobile on my phone and made my first song following this tutorial.

It was meh but hey, it's my first song and I need to learn.

I can't really find many articles and resources particularly on making music for video games.

It would be great if you can share some articles you know. Thanks!

Note:

I wanna make fun music, like for fun action games

I don't wanna go professional really (most articles I found seem to be for people wanting to be professional and going into the industry)

Also I've also found these beside the tutorial mentioned earlier:

How To Write Music For Video Games (don't really understand this, maybe I need to learn some music theory)

The 5 Stages of an Electronic Music Producer (and How to Progress Effectively Through Them) (does this applied to video game music producer too?)

Youtube: How to Make Video Game Music For Beginners! ( Walkthrough ) (not my genre)

Edited by DleanJeans

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!