New Game [Fire!] Needs your feedback

Started by
2 comments, last by HappyCoder 7 years, 6 months ago

Hi everyone,

I have completed a far milestone in developing this game, and would really love to hear from you guys.

I'm intending to release this game to iOS and Android, however the game is released in beta for Android Only, Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=no.end.ska

Game objectives:

• Tap on the moving circles/players on the left to position them.
  • The moving Orange circle on the right is the enemy.
  • Click on Fire! button to shoot the players towards the enemy.
  • You can use special powers such as:
    • Flame: this power will make the player like fire, crushing everything on its way (Needs 3 lives to use)
    • Ice: this power will make everything freezes in order for you to kill the enemy (Needs 2 lives to use)
    • You can use both feature together
  • There are some obstacles like:
    • Walls: will block you from reaching the enemy
    • Wind: will move you away from the enemy
    • Falling dots: will push you down protecting the enemy

Appreciate your kinds comment/feedback

Thanks in advance

Advertisement

The zoom is to jarring. I couldn't figure out what the heck that was. It's fine to zoom, but you should be interpolating to the new camera location from the main camera, and back again.

The zoom is to jarring. I couldn't figure out what the heck that was. It's fine to zoom, but you should be interpolating to the new camera location from the main camera, and back again.

Hi ferrous,

Thanks for the comment dear, I made an attempt to smooth the zoom and submitted the update to the store, should be live within an hour or 2.

Let me know what do you think

I feel like placing the shots seemed to just complicate the gameplay without adding much. I eventually found that the best strategy was to place the shots near the edge everytime since it on a bounce the enemy spends more time on the edge making it easier to hit on the edge. This creates a dominant strategy that doesn't make the shot placement mechanic very interesting. I suggest you find some way to incentivise placing shots closer to the center so there is an interesting choice that can play into some strategy or just can remove the bullet placement mechanic all together.

I also think there is too much unnecessary movement. Having the enemy moving all the time as well as having all the obstacles moving all the time, and rather quickly. Mix that with inconsistent shot speeds and I just made me feel like a game of trail and error, I am not making interesting decisions based on the given information, just guesses.
My current game project Platform RPG

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement