• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
TerZer

[Minecraft] Evolution server *Need FeedBack*

This topic is 798 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello dear friends. Today i want to ask your opinion on certain matter.
So we started developing new server, which will be Evolution themed. You start in wood age, no tools will be available only stick with special enchantments. This stage will be like tutorial, then you advance trough ages Stone/Metal/Military/Space.
Military age brings raid elements and special guns, for example c4/rocketlauncher/mines etc. and it brings vehicles. We are going to make them with armor stands and ofc our own plugins. Space age brings space travel, spaceship battles think no mans sky, but with less crafting and less planets. Server will also include quests/storyline but they wont be necessary to play, only to advance trough ages. If you want to stay in Military age go ahead. So it would be nice to hear your guys opinion. Give us some feedback both positive and negative feedback is good, as long as it has some information in it. Please refrain from messages that give no new information only insults our idea. Thanks in advance. 

P.S
Not native english speaker so forgive my grammar and overall mistakes.

P.P.S

I just need a feedback. So please, don't say something like 'GTFO with your minecraft'.

Edited by TerZer

Advertisement

Are you creating your own mod pack or using an existing one? Which mods do you plan on including? Do you have a strategy for limiting overpowered items?

For example, I've played a couple of packs. Most of them have just thrown a couple of mods together and made sure there are no ID conflicts etc. They usually make zero effort to balance items between mods. A common problem is that one mod provides a cheap early game item that is more powerful than end game items in another mod. For tech mods, it's also common for one mod to have cheap machines limited by expensive power generation, then another mod may come in with cheap power, effectively breaking balance.

Will you be PvP or PvE focused? If the latter, how will you handle enemy balance across all stages of evolution? It's no fun being steamrolled early on, but it's also rather boring to be god allmighty after two hours..

What is your intended challenge? To progress in your evolution tree? To beat other players? Beat quests/bosses? Something else?

If you have good answers/solutions to all of these points, I might be interested in playing.

Are you creating your own mod pack or using an existing one? Which mods do you plan on including? Do you have a strategy for limiting overpowered items?

For example, I've played a couple of packs. Most of them have just thrown a couple of mods together and made sure there are no ID conflicts etc. They usually make zero effort to balance items between mods. A common problem is that one mod provides a cheap early game item that is more powerful than end game items in another mod. For tech mods, it's also common for one mod to have cheap machines limited by expensive power generation, then another mod may come in with cheap power, effectively breaking balance.

Will you be PvP or PvE focused? If the latter, how will you handle enemy balance across all stages of evolution? It's no fun being steamrolled early on, but it's also rather boring to be god allmighty after two hours..

What is your intended challenge? To progress in your evolution tree? To beat other players? Beat quests/bosses? Something else?

If you have good answers/solutions to all of these points, I might be interested in playing.

This is a vanilla server, with plugin. When you come to server, you need just to accept to download Texture Pack. No mods. I will create my own plugins for this server, so I can manipulate everything with my knowledge of Java programming. No mods needed.

This will be PvP, not PvE. Our team will try to balance every bit of game, so it won't be boring to play.

Of course you will need to evolve to space age, discover new planets, make space battles. Or you can be on the same age and be the 1st on that age. You can go thru many objectives, so gameplay won't be so boring.

Have more questions? Feel free to write them :)

So a C4 is a retextured TNT block and a gun is a retextured/remodelled bow? What is space and how do you get there? Is it the Nether/End with new textures etc?

Does vanilla really have enough content for the experience you are describing? How much time do you expect a player to spend in each age, assuming they are striving to progress?

So a C4 is a retextured TNT block and a gun is a retextured/remodelled bow? What is space and how do you get there? Is it the Nether/End with new textures etc?

Does vanilla really have enough content for the experience you are describing? How much time do you expect a player to spend in each age, assuming they are striving to progress?

C4 will be detonatable from a distance with a controller.

About gun it will probably be some item that has no function and it will shoot something that does more damage etc.

You get to space by completing the quest which will allow you to craft spaceship from materials thats how you will complete military age also we don't know about end/nether yet, yes with resource pack vanilla has enough content, player will spend in each age diffirently, for example wood age tutorial shouldn't take more than few days, but military age might take months to complete because you will have a set of goals to evolve.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!