• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Forgivetr

How to find niche on Google Play Store?

This topic is 658 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi,
I published 3 applications on Google Play Store but my applications downloads are too low. I will make another application, but I need to find niche. How can I find niche on Google Play Store? How to decide application subject that is desired and has low competition. Which free tools can I use? What should I do?

My Applications :https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=Gürkan+Çatak
You can also, review my applications. Only Puncher is in English, others are in Turkish.

Advertisement

Pray to your god or perform a blood ritual and sell your soul to the strange guy behind the alley way. Either you stirke like lighting or don't exist. This market is very competitive and big companies have almost complete dominance even with niche. Maybe if you managed to create a following before making the game maybe you can crave out a niche.

Since even the top 10 most played Android games usually have spyware, count on being treated with the same suspicion as white painted russian tanks near the white house.

This is even worse for the Windows store since they would end up with an empty store if they removed all the malware.

http://www.howtogeek.com/194993/the-windows-store-is-a-cesspool-of-scams-why-doesnt-microsoft-care/

I think there is a great number of games on the Google Play store that are not filled with malware.

The Google Play Store has a few issues compared to the Apple App Store.

1. Cost to Publish an App is lower
  2. There is near zero review of apps
  3. There are more apps
  4. Android users have a lower value relation with their products

#1 It only costs $25 (1 time) to publish on the Google Play store compared to $99/year on the Apple App Store allowing a lower barrier to entry. The pro/con of this can be discussed later.

#2 With nearly zero app review for updates or new postings more apps are allowed to be displayed/sold at a faster rate.

#3 The above 2 points and the platform itself open source and lower in cost to own have created a larger population.

#4 It isn't hard to think that because the OS is open source that the apps and games should cost less and a fair number of studies have shown that Android users spend far less on third party apps and games than iOS users.

Now the important part, how to get attention. Your games need to have a polished feel or a crazy mechanic that is not found in other games. Additionally, you need to be on a continuous path of promotion. Stream out Facebook posts, tweets and forum posts on a a great number of sites. You need eyeballs to see your games to get downloads.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!