• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

NeHe Demos with Three.js as an EPUB

This topic is 555 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

If anyone is interested at this point I have been amusing myself recently by working through the legacy NeHe demos and implementing them in Three.js.  As lead of the Readium project and a long-time member of the EPUB working group, I thought it would be interesting to package the demos as an EPUB.  

So I packaged up the first 16 demos as an EPUB.  Each chapter consists of two or three pages of explanations about the demo vis a vis Three.js  then a last (fixed layout) page with the actual working WebGL page.  Note that this EPUB works well in Readium's Chrome Extensions (which you can get here) sort of works in iBooks and some of the other readers but works well only in Readium (hum, hum).  There is a colophon at the end that explains how the EPUB was built.

If interested all the sources and the EPUB are available here in github.  Any feedback is welcome.  I should note I started the original demos along with Johannes Raida <j.raida@gmx.net>, who did the first 7 demos (2-7).  I have now done 24 of them of which the first 15 (2-15) are in this EPUB. I am working on the second volume now, but my day-job keeps me fairly busy.  If anyone wants to help work on this let me know (rkwright@geofx.com).

Edited by rkwright

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement