Artworks for the fantasy video game

Started by
94 comments, last by Awoken 7 years ago

I had to giggle a little bit... not because it is inherently bad, just because it looks funny ;)

How about getting a real life lizard and making him move in front of a high speed camera (because those suckers are moving fast at room temperatures) with snacks or something? I would guess if somebody owned a lizard as a pet, and you could somehow capture his movement in a stressfree environment (where the animal would feel at ease), that could work better for realistic animations.

Of course, with an animal you have hard time getting it to do exactly what you want (unless its a well trained animal), and the animal might refuse to do anything that day (hence why the stressfree environment is so important).

That being said, looks more or less convincing for a human pretending to be a lizard... save the tail being a little bit lifeless ;)

Well, we were actually shooting human combat animations but we do play around with an idea of having beasts in the game as well. This was more of a test of sorts, to see whether an actor can imitate a beast. There is a number of issues with using a lizard:

• We do not have a lizrad;
  • As you've pointed out - it's hard to get lizards to do some specific things;
  • We also needed to record attack/recieve damage animations. We can't have a lizard attack something and definatly can't hurt it.
  • This was towards the end of the day and we've had some beers at this point :)

Anyway, we're currently working on the human animations and this is just something to check out later: whether it can be used somehow.

This is hilarious and awesome! Thanks for sharing your process!

Thank you, we did have some fun shooting it and wanted to share it.

Continue to create unit's miniatures.

FiMbQZg.png

This is a Berkan guard. He's armed with a heavy morgenstern that pacify everyone who puts himself above the law very quickly.

Ash of Gods - a turn-based RPG featuring Roguelike storytelling aimed at risks that TRUELY affect the gameplay and an extensive online PvP mode! GameDev.net - forum thread
Advertisement

First attempt to add some colors to our grim reapers. But looks like no colors in the world will make them smile.

9IRV7EE.jpg

Ash of Gods - a turn-based RPG featuring Roguelike storytelling aimed at risks that TRUELY affect the gameplay and an extensive online PvP mode! GameDev.net - forum thread

First attempt to add some colors to our grim reapers. But looks like no colors in the world will make them smile.

9IRV7EE.jpg

It looks pretty amazing! They really give that ancient and cold vibes, I like specially the design of the middle one. Are the weapons going to be fractured like that on the game? I like them that way, they give a more mystical tone to the characters; but the animation can become a little tricky.

Morgenstern has to be longer.

It looks pretty amazing! They really give that ancient and cold vibes, I like specially the design of the middle one. Are the weapons going to be fractured like that on the game? I like them that way, they give a more mystical tone to the characters; but the animation can become a little tricky.

Yes, they will look like that. Not all of them will be present in the first game (2 or 3 out of 5) but for those presnt - we will animate the weapons so they would be made up of shards as shown here. It will be a little tricky indeed but we think it will look great if we get it right.

Morgenstern has to be longer.

We've had a long argument over it, but apparently anything with spikes on top can be called a morning star.

Meet Lo Pheng, the third protagonist of our game.

WetRYai.jpg

He’s an Eikon, a mixture between a Jedi Knight and the Unsullied from 'A Song of Ice and Fire'. Brutal training and unwavering obedience to the ways of his people have stripped him of all humanity. Every five years the elders of the Eikon tribe auction their warriors off for rental in a place not far from the Isle of Shadows. All the high and mighty dream of purchasing such a contract, because an Eikon will serve you in any manner you think fit—whether as a strategist in your army, a bodyguard, an assassin or a herald. But there’s one thing no money in the world can buy, and that is an Eikon’s respect. And don’t expect him to carry out an order if it runs counter to his notion of righteousness.

Lo Pheng’s story is about the journey of a strong individual who grows aware of his own suppressed humanity. It is our attempt to show that the inhumane (as defined by our shared view of ethics) very often behave far more humanely than ordinary people.

I like Lo Pheng!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement