• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

intel ok, geforce white screen

This topic is 544 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Recommended Posts

Hi,

I have a problem with my directx application. I have a laptop with 2 cards (intel and gtx 860M). When I render with intel, I have ok results, but if I render with geforce I get a white window, as if 3d context was never applied to an opened window. I got this problem after installing new geforce drivers. Previously it was working fine with both cards. Is there anything I need to adjust in my application? I did a clean driver install, tried different drivers and still no results.

Thanks!

Edited by zeo4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement

Since this is an Optimus laptop, it's not actually 2 graphics cards.  What happens when you select the NV GPU for rendering is that it still presents the framebuffer using the Intel.  So this has somehow become "disconnected" - most likely as a result of your new driver install.

 

My suggestion is to try updating (if an update is available, otherwise reinstall) the Intel driver.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the answers.

 

The debug layer is on and the only message it shows is when creating device, context and swap chain with D3D11CreateDeviceAndSwapChain, and it says:

IGIESW f:\projects\p1\.\src\project1.exe found in whitelist: NOIGIWHW Game f:\projects\p1\.\src\project1.exe found in whitelist: NO

but the HRESULT returned is S_OK.

 

ASUS says my intel's graphic processor drivers are up to date. I know that there may be new intel drivers, but laptop should have its providers drivers installed, and ASUS doesn't have any new drivers on their website for intel graphic card.

 

I create a window with 640x480, but somehow its client area is bigger. Will work on that one and provide results as soon as I have any.

Edited by zeo4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This issue has come up several times before. Try making sure that your swapchain is the same size as your window.

 

I really don't know where in the world you have come across this tip but it has worked beautiful. Such a shame I'm unable to give more points for your tip. Sharing the details for the ones having same / similar issues:

  1. The problem was indeed with window client area being bigger than swap chain.
  2. Both were created with same dimensions though, but strangely the window was created bigger than the size given.
  3. There is a visual studio setting (project -> properties -> manifest tool -> input and output -> DPI Awareness), which takes into account screen enlargement (which is useful for enlarging for instance fonts on high resolution screens). Setting this to "High DPI Aware" resulted in creating the window of exact same size as the size given.
  4. But it's not the window size, what must match the swap chain size, but the window client area, so the area of window in which the back buffer is rendered (regular window size includes also areas reserved for windows buttons, bars, and borders, which in this case can't be taken into account).
  5. Once the window client area was matching the swap chain size, the rendered image showed up.

Would have searched that for ages without you guys. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Advertisement