• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Hawkblood

Rendering an object with multiple subsets

This topic is 636 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have certain objects that have animation (rigid body type) on various subsets. An example is a space station that has a rotating outer ring with a stationary axil. It will render fine by itself, but when I try to render two of them, things get weird.....

The first subset is the stationary part and the second is the rotating one. When I render the second mesh, the first subset of that mesh is rendered twice-- once with the rotating part of the first mesh and then where it is supposed to render. I would have expected if there was a problem with the sequence, I would only see it once. I'm at work right now, so I can't give code or an image, but if needed, I'll do that when I get home.

Advertisement

Perhaps you weren't able to infer a question from my post...... Do you have any idea why this is happening?

Maybe what I need is an example of how to do it properly. I have tried Google, but I only get vague references an most are not even talking about what I am trying to do.

Do you have any idea why this is happening?

If it shows up twice, you're rendering it twice. Why is anyone's guess without code access.

My suggestion is to just put a breakpoint in the render function and see where it's being called from.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!