2D door animation, looks proper?

Started by
6 comments, last by yps_sps 7 years, 5 months ago

I drew/animated this isometric door. To my eye it looks fine if ignoring the missing 'graphics', but what do you think about the size when the "perspective" is changing during the animation or how would you say it..

It's supposed to be 2:1 ratio isometric perspective

1Utn5hT.png

What you people think?

"Two plus two equals five ... for extremely large values of two."

Advertisement

It looks like it shrinks in the end, could you show a gif or link a video of it in action?

I think it looks good. Perspective should cause its apparent size to increase towards the viewer and what I'm seeing isn't too extreme. I agree with Scouting Ninja. Make a video of it in action. Go so far as to make a mock level if you have to so we can see it in place.

For me it looks quite good.

Ash of Gods - a turn-based RPG featuring Roguelike storytelling aimed at risks that TRUELY affect the gameplay and an extensive online PvP mode! GameDev.net - forum thread

Thanks guys, here's the current improved animation as gif, on some frames I changed the door size/position by a pixel from earlier post. Though the door handles/knobs look a bit off when the door "goes down", not really sure how to animate 2x2 pixel image based on perspective

abm8U9W.gif

Looks very good animated, the doorknob is a great touch.

A thing you can try when having problems with perspective is using 3D. Just download a door and animated it in 3D then use it as reference for the animation; even just viewing objects in 3D with perspective can help in drawing them.

The samples of the door, its visualization, are 100%. The only thing this animation is missing is timing. They seem to instantly start to move by its speed. And finish. Put start/stop acceleration to the samples and it will be it! (time them up in other words, by a functional output, X samples, X times, pick a function of time)

The samples of the door, its visualization, are 100%. The only thing this animation is missing is timing. They seem to instantly start to move by its speed. And finish. Put start/stop acceleration to the samples and it will be it! (time them up in other words, by a functional output, X samples, X times, pick a function of time)

Ah thanks a good point!

I have already system for changing animation speed during middle of an animation so it'll be easy to implement

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement