Sign in to follow this  

Most exposure on VR

This topic is 418 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am creating a hobby VR game.

I would like to get as much exposure as possible.

The game is designed to be super-simple to control (gaze controlled), and as such, can run on any platform. (no need to adjust for controllers)

I've owned an Occulus DK1 when it launched, but I sold it after playing around with it and seeing that the eco-system was not yet evolved.

I would like to get the biggest exposure I can get, for the least porting effort. I am not trying to make any money (this is a hobby), but rather am trying to make the biggest splash.

ATM I am developing for Google Cardboard assuming that's what most people are likely to have.

Also google daydream is coming out soon, so I guess that also adds points to developing VR in android.

However, the game is being developed in Unity, so I can easily port it anywhere else.

Assuming that I cannot develop for Playstation, because I am not a big licensed developer, Is there any other platform I should target which would give me a big quantity of quality installs? 

The game will be free, so there is no pricing issue.

Possible platforms:

1. Samsung GearVR

2. Iphone version of cardboard

3. Occulus

4. Steam

5. Any other VR platform that I am not aware of.

Will any one of these yield a considerably higher install rate than google cardboard?

PS: I want people to actually play the game, installing it is not enough...

Edited by SillyCow

This topic is 418 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.