Infinite runner style game

Started by
3 comments, last by RootKiller 7 years, 4 months ago
I recently published a game to the google play store called Infinite Jumper. It's a simple game where you tap the screen to jump and tap twice to double jump. The goal is to stay on the platforms and collect as many leaves as possible.
Here are a couple of screenshots
Screenshot_20161030-163042_zps4ml8a1e3.p
Screenshot_20161030-163030_zpsm8arungg.p
I'm a single developer and I do this in my spare time. I created all the art as well. I would really appreciate some feedback.
Thank you
Advertisement

Cool game! My feedback:

1. The gameplay is too slow - I would really appreciate a little speedup however If I understand it right the character is something like jelly? Is this the reason why its moving so slow? If it's by design I will anyway speed up it just a little bit for better feeling.
  2. The character is not producing any sound when moving - I think it will improve the feeling.
  3. No ability to disable sound effects - I noticed the note icon so I clicked it and it only disabled music however the jumping effect was still playing.
  4. By default the music was disabled. When I launched the game i heard no audio completely and my first mind was - hmm this game has no sound at all?

Thanks for the feedback. I got feedback from other people that it was too slow as well so I'll probably speed it up a bit. The game was supposed to start slow and then gradually pick up speed, but I'll experiment with the values a bit more.

I'll look into the sound for the player movement. I'm not a sound engineer by any stretch of the imagination so that was the one thing that I sourced externally and sometimes I find it hard to settle on sounds I'm happy with. The sounds toggle button is also a good shout, I was trying to avoid making an options menu but I think I'll just have to do it and add a button to disable sounds.

I made some significant changes and released a beta. Here are some screenshots

Screenshot_2016-11-05-15-49-38_zpsmbg26q

Screenshot_2016-11-05-15-50-47_zpsjeovbx

There are 2 bars representing health and shield power.

taping the right side of the screen will jump, but holding the left side of the screen will activate and drain shield power. Shield power is used to kill enemies, if you hit an enemy without the shield active, you will lose a health bar, lose all health bars and you die. Falling off the platform will still kill you. Hitting an enemy with shield activated will release 3 leaves.

I also tweaked the speeds a bit. Max speed is still the same, but the initial speed is much higher and the speed increment is also higher.

I'm not sure about all these changes and would really appreciate some more feedback. I've released a beta version. You can opt in at the following link:

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.SimonRodrigues.InfiniteJumper

Thank you.

It feels much better now. However one thing I noticed - when the character lands on the platform it gets some strange boost - it feels strange.

Ye I know fastest feedback ever :D

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement