Your mmo ideas

Started by
6 comments, last by Unduli 7 years, 4 months ago
Ok so now I've thinking. What would you like in mmo? Well for me personally I would love to see mmo based
Tribal mythology.
Advertisement

That is more of a discussion than a real game design question I think. Each people has something he like and something he dont like in existing MMO's so this question may result in thousands of different answers.

I personaly would like to see something similar to the Elder Scrolls games as MMO but not as that what Bathesda published with ESO Online but more like Skyrim, Oblivion ...

Open world, free character creation without the limitation of classes or something similar, maybe without main quest line but short one hour or two story lines that you might to find first by talking to people. This is what I'm currently doing with my RPG (multiplayer LAN not MMO)

Game that would be like League of Legends, but open world. I like controls and combat also camera perspective in LoL. I never seen MMO game having crowd control in PvP. But I have only played a few open world MMO games.

I favor PvE sandparks with a focus on crafting and maybe pet capturing/breeding/tactical combat.

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

- Action game combat and movement. Quite done with RPG 'miss' messages and superflous animations.
- Really inventive classes. Teleportation based control classes. Glacier Rogues. A group of ascended pets controlled by one player as a class called 'Pack' or 'Squad' or the inverse where multiple players fuse into one avatar and control different aspects of it.
- On that, really different control schemes for different classes. One class (or group of skills) may play like a hack and slash, another more like an RTS, another still play like an FPS.
- A really rich developed world with a strong theme and lots of diversity of color and culture. A great example of a world I'd love to play in is Avatar The Last Airbender's world, or Syfy's Dark Matter.
- Really strong exploration/collection-centered mechanics, where a character is entirely made up of their experiences (and perhaps associated items) that they have collected.

I would like to see a game that isn't an MMO.

If a fraction of the usual MMO budget was put into a really good single player game, it would most likely be amazing.

Advice to take home :)
A great looking 2d mmorpg where u can even upload your own char (which will be filtered by someone).

Story: Distant planet with two races of people at war. Evadas are blue humanoids that learn magic and cast spells with their hands. Baranos are lizard humanoids who collect and tame beasts to attack. Eventually humans crash land and they are in limited amounts (but you can breed and eventually mix with the other races once you learn their language).

7 roles. Each account is eventually bound to one role. Only king role can own land and declare war on property.

Can enter battle mode by getting close to enemy or player.

Battle mode is like Pong but instead of bouncing the ball back and forth, you kinda play dodge ball against the other person's spells and weapon attack (avoid freeze attacks at all cost!). Spells can be upgraded to be faster or bigger or whatever (just imagine any kind of spell cuz I have too many to list). There would be breakable trees or rocks in the middle too so you can hide for a little while.

Death is permanent. You can loose a battle and it will take away a heart. Have 3 hearts that refill over time and can make purchase to increase max hearts. Reincarnate and all skills and exp achieved in previous life will be learned faster.

Big 2d sandbox world where you can build your own house/village/empire.

Anyone wanna produce this game? I got tons of story to go with it. :P

I'd like to see an MMO involving time travel where players take part in different eras with NPC living according to era :) There would be punishment for violating masquerade like Vampire Blood Lines . And there would be a fight between two parties undercover in every era. It might also involve some real world events and twists based on previous performance :)

mostates by moson?e | Embrace your burden

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement