Sign in to follow this  

Tool for visualizing data in real time

This topic is 397 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey,

I am working on profiling my game/tech and I was wondering is there a good free (or affordable for a hobby coder) program that would allow me to send a stream of data over something like a UDP socket in real time and draw pretty graphs according to some predefined rules?

Let's say I want to monitor my frame time, I would send a ms reading paired with the current time over the socket every frame and have the tool display a graph with some labels and min/max values I would have set previously.

Is there a pre-made tool for this?

Thats funny because I'm doing exactly this at the moment for my game engine framework. My framework sends telemetry data via UDP to a previously selected PC in network (local host for example) that consists of a byte block

typedef union ProfilerData
	{
		public:
			struct
			{
				uint64 Timestamp;

uint32 Stack;

#if PTR_SIZE == 32
				uint32 Trace[PROFILER_BACKTRACE];
				#elif PTR_SIZE == 64
				uint64 Trace[PROFILER_BACKTRACE];
				#endif

byte Type;

#if PTR_SIZE == 32
				byte Info[PROFILER_PACKAGE_SIZE - 1 - (PROFILER_BACKTRACE * 4) - 4 - 8];
				#elif PTR_SIZE == 64
				byte Info[PROFILER_PACKAGE_SIZE - 1 - (PROFILER_BACKTRACE * 8) - 4 - 8];
				#endif
			};
			byte Data[PROFILER_PACKAGE_SIZE];

}ProfilerData;

Processor timestamp, callstack, type and some additional data that will be interpreted in the profiler frontend for example to watch memory allocations (including address so you could inspect the process memory for debugging). The frontend is written in C# and the sceenshot shows my tests of the self written data visualization controls

Edited by Shaarigan

This topic is 397 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.