Just a question.

Started by
6 comments, last by rip-off 7 years, 5 months ago

I'm black and I want to move in America does that mean Donald Trump is going to port me back to where I came from if I live permamently there?

Advertisement
Nobody knows what will happen in the future. What game career specialty are you heading towards?
What education do you have? What country are you coming from? Why would you want to come to this
country?

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

I'm black and I want to move in America does that mean Donald Trump is going to port me back to where I came from if I live permamently there?

I'm pretty sure you're trolling, but on the off chance you aren't:

If you go through the legal immigration process, or get an appropriate visa and stay the duration of the visa, there is no problem. Your skin color has nothing to do with it. If you are illegally in the country --- ANY country --- then deportation is a risk.

What challenges you may face due to some people being bigoted or racist are a separate issue from deportation. There are people who behave badly everywhere in the world, the US does not hold a monopoly on racism or other forms of prejudice.

I'm not trolling I was just wondering if Trump is going to port me back due to the fact I heard was racist against blacks or was that fake?Anyways so does that mean if I were to live there legally i'm not going to be deported by Trump well then that's amazing.

Unlikely. 99% of the USA will be happy to have you here, myself included.

8% of all blacks who voted, voted for Trump (88% for Hillary, 4% voted, but for neither). While relative to Hillary that's not much, it does mean that many blacks don't feel threatened by Trump. And of all the blacks who voted for Hillary, that doesn't mean they voted Hillary out of fear of Trump.

Trump's victory may embolden a racist minority, but don't buy into the media claims that Trump won due to racism. Prominent black activists are calling the Trump victory a malicious act of racism against blacks, at the same time feminists are calling it an act of sexism. But these same people call almost everyone who disagrees with them about anything 'sexism' or 'racism'. They've even called black transsexuals and well-established feminists bigots for not agreeing with them!

The majority of the people who voted for Trump are the same Republicans who normally vote Republican, but the people and states who decided the election and pushed Trump to victory are people who voted for President Obama (and thus, likely not overtly racist), and openly state that they voted for Trump because of the poor state of the economy.

[...]

This was not a vote against women, nor was it a vote against blacks or other minorities. For many conservatives, it was a vote against liberal authoritarianism and years of verbal harassment, for me personally, it was a vote for control of the Supreme Court ( \o/ ) (actually, I didn't get to vote, being unexpectedly away from town the night of the election), but none of that was the deciding factor - the deciding factor was clearly people suffering economically, people worried about border security (even while being pro-immigration! they aren't mutually exclusive), and people worried about terrorism and an increasingly stabilized world home and abroad. But predominately, people want to live their lives and need jobs to do so, and Trump's message has always been about revitalizing the economy, whereas Hillary's was predominately about Trump being a scumbag, thus millions of voters who voted for Obama swapped to Trump over Hillary, even though Hillary almost certainly would run the economy better.

But anyway, there are no more racists in the country today than there were yesterday. In the short term, the existing true white racists will be emboldened, and this is already a bad environment for that, because black racists have already been emboldened over the past few years, and racial tension has been building for the past three years, completely unrelated to Trump, even prior to a Trump victory. The anti-Trump riots and protests going on today are the same people rioting and protesting yesterday over police violence and discrimination, and as far as that's concerned, the protests are wanting change of the status quo, not protesting new discrimination that suddenly appeared, so the anger on the side of blacks is mostly over lack of pushing things forward, not regression backwards.

But this racial tension keeps getting stirred up by people who have good motives and real problems identified, but with disagreements over the solutions and causes of the problem, and the conservatives and liberals keep having an inability to sit down together and work out real solutions that'd work for everyone and bring everyone forward, with everyone just demanding "my way or no way!". Minorities correctly want some real ongoing injustices to be fixed, but unfortunately, what we have currently is everyone saying, "Only I have the solution, and all your views are stupid and irrelevant!" and shouting at each other.

So basically, in highly-urban areas, there will continue to be the same racial tension that has been building, and it will continue to be a problem - not because of Trump, but his election won't help. The economy has been on the verge of a major collapse for awhile now, and Trump will likely push it over the edge, and the result will likely be a huge deal more rioting and looting and violence spread to almost every major city, alot of it will be racially motivated, but far less whites attacking black than it will be blacks attacking whites and Hispanics. But that's speculation on my part - only time will tell, but the racial tension has been ramping up for awhile now.

Regardless, you won't be deported based on the color of your skin - that's fundamentally illegal in this country, and the President doesn't have the power to overrule that (all 50 states have to get together through a very complex process (one that hasn't occurred in many decades), and a 2/3rd majority of them have to agree to change our constitution for something dumb like that to happen).

In a weird way, the thing driving racial tension and the thing that led to a Trump victory are the same: poverty and a bad economy. Minorities are complaining about real racial injustices, but alot of their anger and frustration comes from poverty. Trump won because white working class men and women in states hit especially bad by the economy bought into Trump's (faulty) promise of economic growth. But because the economy is going down hill, and at best Trump can stall the collapse, and worse (and most likely) he will trigger the (inevitable) collapse, the frustration and anger and finger-pointing and violence will get worse, and that's when the real 'interesting times' begin.

This is a bad time to come to the United States because of economic and racial tensions in general, but a Trump victory is just one more log on an already smoking fire.

But as I said, apart from open violence breaking out and people taking sides in real conflict (in which such environment many atrocities are likely occur), as long as law and order is maintained, 99% of the country would be glad to have you.

[Edit:] Edited my post to keep it focused on race issues in the USA and what problems you might see.

I'm not trolling I was just wondering if Trump is going to port me back...

You can't seriously think that.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

As you have read, if you are here legally with legal paperwork, you won't be deported. The uproar you heard is for the illegal immigrants, people who come here without adequate (or none at all) paperwork, regardless of their skin colors.

I'm not sure anyone knows exactly how this is going to pan out, let alone random game developers on the Internet.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement