Sign in to follow this  

BMFont 1.13 height scale behavior

This topic is 392 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello!

I've noticed that the behavior of the "Height %" parameter has changed when going from BMFont 1.13 to 1.14beta. Also I found this line in the 1.14beta changelog:

• Fixed scaling issues and cropping when using height scale with render from outline.

Could you please explain what exactly was wrong with scaling?

Also the source code of BMFont 1.13 would be very helpful.

I'm asking because we have fonts generated using BMFont 1.13 and we are trying to match their sizes in our new text engine.

Best regards,

Anton Baskanov

Edited by a.baskanov

Unfortunately I do not have the history of that exact change. It was done before I open-sourced the code for BMFont, and I didn't keep track of individual changes in a repository before that. If I recall correctly the problem was that the drawing area for rasterizing the individual glyph wasn't properly calculated resulting in cropping.

The latest code can be found on the SF.net. As you can see, this project hasn't had a lot of activity in the last few years. :)

I'll see if I can find a backup of the source code for version 1.13 somewhere and upload it to the site.

This topic is 392 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.