Animation for the game. Idle, walk, run and attack.

Started by
7 comments, last by sunandshadow 7 years, 3 months ago

Hi, I just finished rendering my animation. I had fun making it, I hope you like it. Please enjoy and tell me what you think!

Advertisement

Looks cool, good job. Here are some thoughts:

I immediatly focus the feet, most of the time only the front of the feets are touching the ground, which looks wrong. This is especially obviously in the idle-animation and walk animation.

Legs look kind of low poly. Didn't look at the motion.

Norm Barrows

Rockland Software Productions

"Building PC games since 1989"

rocklandsoftware.net

PLAY CAVEMAN NOW!

http://rocklandsoftware.net/beta.php

I immediatly focus the feet, most of the time only the front of the feets are touching the ground, which looks wrong.

I believe that's totally ok. Those feet looks more like mutated towards some animal type.

KZKWolfFeet.jpg

having animal freet on this character would make no sense at all. It's not a furry it's a zombie. There is no other feature on this character that would indicate part animal. The feet on the original character do not make sense to work that way for that particular character.

You guys are a bit too critical. You have a certain expectation towards how a zombie should look like. I agree with vstrakh, this could be a mutated zombie, morphing into a more animal-like creature. This is actually a new concept and I find it interesting.

Other than that, the motion of the character is totally realistic and dynamic. The author made his own (pretty funny) references too, which is a nice bonus.

My advice Ho4uk, would be to focus on improving the design part, precisely the colors and the outfit. Imo the character is totaly game implementable.

You guys are a bit too critical. You have a certain expectation towards how a zombie should look like. I agree with vstrakh, this could be a mutated zombie, morphing into a more animal-like creature. This is actually a new concept and I find it interesting.

Other than that, the motion of the character is totally realistic and dynamic. The author made his own (pretty funny) references too, which is a nice bonus.

My advice Ho4uk, would be to focus on improving the design part, precisely the colors and the outfit. Imo the character is totaly game implementable.

Well, the starndard approach of art is to have a vision/concept and make your art in a way, that it satisfy your vision. What you often see, especially by inexperienced artists is, that they made something and defend their art with excuses why it look this way (most often: try to make a human and say that it is an alien after failure).

So, if you show off something, best to show of fthe concept too to avoid critic going into the wrong direction. And eventually, if you ask for critic, don't try to defend your art. If you need to defend your art, you have already failed to deliver your vision to the audience.

What you often see, especially by inexperienced artists is, that they made something and defend their art with excuses why it look this way (most often: try to make a human and say that it is an alien after failure).

I agree with that, but I guess if the author wanted to make human feet, he could. The effect looks like a deliberate decision.
Anyway, the author is not defending his art, I am.

I think the reason that the elevated heel walk looks wierd is that the creature otherwise looks so human. I think that adding claws to the toes to match the hands would help make it more obvious that this isn't just a human corpse that's walking strangely. A bony tail would also be a possibility

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement