Help How to attach window on Game Maker.

Started by
6 comments, last by Taleboy 7 years, 5 months ago

I am not posting this on the GM forums since you don't get any responses there but how did this guy at 2:06 attach that window to GM?

I couldn't find anything.

Advertisement

Are you asking how he opened the "Room Properties: room1" window? Well, I've never used game maker, but it looks like he right clicked on "Rooms", and selected "Create Room"... Or is this not what you're asking?

Are you asking how he opened the "Room Properties: room1" window? Well, I've never used game maker, but it looks like he right clicked on "Rooms", and selected "Create Room"... Or is this not what you're asking?

I'm asking how he connected it to Game Maker.

You mean "Room Properties: room1" window? Judging by the icons in top right it can be maximized like any other window so he probably double clicked title bar (which is same as maximize).

You mean "Room Properties: room1" window? Judging by the icons in top right it can be maximized like any other window so he probably double clicked title bar (which is same as maximize).

Confirming this...

GMS works similar to other GUI software, like excel and word for example, where you can have multiple windows within the window, and can maximize a given window within the space. The video author simply double clicked the title bar, which indeed does the same thing clicking the maximize button.

Ok where can I find a tutorial talking about how the new GameMaker works?Or at the very least tell me how it got attached to GameMaker at 2:07 when ever I try that it maximises the whole window it doesn't attach it to GameMaker.I'll show you how my GameMaker works.

Here it is

2016_11_16_11_10_42.gif

Are you able to get in on the beta test for the new GMS2? I ask since you mention it.

I took a look at my GMS 1 IDE. It does the same thing as yours does. I see that the video was recorded back in 2012, so it would be for an older version of GMS before updates. The reason they made it like it is now is so you could take advantage of multiple monitors instead of only being able to work in the one window. Is there something specific you are trying to do that you just HAVE to have it like in the video? You are free to change the size of the window with the borders. And once you do that to how you want that specific room, it remembers it the next time you open it.

I want it attached that is all so I can have an easier time switching to windows.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement