UE (C++) Error

Started by
1 comment, last by fastcall22 7 years, 5 months ago

Hello, when i create a project with UE and c++ i get this error

The project could not be compiled. Would you like to open it in Visual Studio?

Running C:/Program Files (x86)/Epic Games/4.13/Engine/Binaries/DotNET/UnrealBuildTool.exe MyProject5 Development Win64 -project="C:/Users/alex_/OneDrive/???????/Unreal Projects/MyProject5/MyProject5.uproject" -editorrecompile -progress -noubtmakefiles -NoHotReloadFromIDE
@progress push 5%
Parsing headers for MyProject5Editor
  Running UnrealHeaderTool "C:\Users\alex_\OneDrive\???????\Unreal Projects\MyProject5\MyProject5.uproject" "C:\Users\alex_\OneDrive\???????\Unreal Projects\MyProject5\Intermediate\Build\Win64\MyProject5Editor\Development\MyProject5Editor.uhtmanifest" -LogCmds="loginit warning, logexit warning, logdatabase error" -Unattended -WarningsAsErrors -installed
Reflection code generated for MyProject5Editor in 6.8022252 seconds
@progress pop
Performing 10 actions (2 in parallel)
[2/10] Resource PCLaunch.rc
PCH.MyProject5.h.cpp
c1xx: fatal error C1083: Cannot open compiler intermediate file: 'C:\Users\alex_\OneDrive\I^I3I3I?I?I+I?\Unreal Projects\MyProject5\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\MyProject5\MyProject5.h.pch': No such file or directory
[3/10] Resource ModuleVersionResource.rc.inl
ERROR: UBT ERROR: Failed to produce item: C:\Users\alex_\OneDrive\???????\Unreal Projects\MyProject5\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-MyProject5.dll
Total build time: 35.79 seconds

Advertisement

Did you move the Unreal engine from it's original position after downloading it?

The error is a path error, meaning unreal can't find that exact location from where it is could be many reasons for it. We need to know more about the folder you are attempting to create the project in.

"C:/Users/alex_/OneDrive/???????/Unreal Projects/MyProject5/MyProject5.uproject"
"C:\Users\alex_\OneDrive\???????\Unreal Projects\MyProject5\MyProject5.uproject"
"C:\Users\alex_\OneDrive\I^I3I3I?I?I+I?\Unreal Projects\MyProject5\Intermediate\..."
"C:\Users\alex_\OneDrive\???????\Unreal Projects\MyProject5\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-MyProject5.dll"

Looks like Mojibake to me. :^)
Somewhere along the workflow, there’s some Unicode mis-translation. Moving the project into a strictly ASCII path would fix the issue.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement