rpg tree classes system

Started by
5 comments, last by Seikei 7 years, 4 months ago

hi i need help for creating a system classes,

you begin with noob player when you achieved the level 10 you can chose different classe like warrior mage..... and again when you achieve the level 10 to upgrade again with few new classes and for each new classes upgrade they have new skill and can use the old skill

in dev in unreal engines if possible to make like blueprint?

any help whe be greateful!

Advertisement

From a design point, I can think of a few ways to do this.

1) Create a class (blueprint/c++) for each of your player classes (i.e. warrior, mage) and each of these classes (blueprint/c++) will contain different skills and stats. When the player reaches level 10 let them select a player class, the class (blueprint/c++) for your player can have an array or list of player classes so when the player reaches level 10 just add the selected player class to the array/list. All of the player classes could inherit from a base player class as they would contain common data like skills and stats.

2) Create an array of skills, each skill has a requirement such as required player class or stats. When the player reaches level 10 they select a player class (i.e. mage), this sets a boolean in the player class (blueprint/c++). The player can use/unlock skills that they meet the requirements for, such as fireball requires the player to be a mage. There could be a few ways to implement this type of approach, like do you have an array of skills that you can lookup and copy learnt skills into the player class (blueprint/class) or do just have a dynamic array of pointers that points to skills that the player knows in this array of skills?

3) The player class (blueprint/c++) knows all the possible skills that can be learnt, a bit like idea 2, but each skill has a requirement. When the player reaches level 10 and selects a class, you unlocked the skills that you mean the requirements for. You wouldn't need any other classes (blueprint/c++) in order to find available skills and which ones the player has unlocked.

There are pros and cons to each of these approaches, some would be better if you want to add new skills/classes down the line, whereas others would be simpler to implement.

Do the points make sense? I can get a little confusing talking about a player class system and the blueprints/c++ classes to create it - too many of the word classes with a different meaning!

hi thank for that response !!! i have few question about it if you can help on skype? Seikei@live.ca

Can i make a sub classes too like having 2 classes that can for a new classes?

Wicht blueprint i need to use?

I have lot of question :)

Can i make a sub classes too like having 2 classes that can for a new classes?

Yes, you can have subclasses (as in player classes) you will just need to factor that into your class system design (blueprint class). On a basic level, it would just be another requirement the player would need before being able to unlock/use that skill, for example, to access fire spells the player needs to be a mage class and the fire-mage subclass.

Wicht blueprint i need to use?

There most likely will not be an off the shelf blueprint that you can use that will just work for you, you will most likely need to create your own or there might be one that you could find on the Unreal Marketplace.

I would start off with reading the UE4 documentation to know how Blueprints work, if you are haveing subclasses you might want to use inheritance in blueprints: https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Resources/ContentExamples/Blueprints_Advanced/2_5/

Although I don't work with Blueprints that much in UE4, so if you are doing anything like inheritance with it I wouldn't be much help there.

I have lot of question

Just let me know, it would be worth posting them on here rather than using skype as it can always be useful to get the perspective of others especially if your a designing systems.

that i really want is to put the classes on object and the player can choose to put on (like ff14 the job system orb with 2 classes) and when player achieve certain stat example: lvl10 choose new classe, lvl 20, choose new classes, after that if you have two classe max level you can fusion it to get a special classes but you need every time to go talk npc to lvl that classes or fusion it

so i like first classes max level (40lvl) and the second class(40lvl) point to specific classes but they can fusion it nothing happen but if exist that fusion you loose but of them a get a new classes begin in lvl 1

the problem i have is when begin play i need they popup window to choose the species (that give special skill or stat or bonus, after you choose you need to choose the beginner classes that gonna put directly the orb classes in is slot.)

i gonna read those link but if you can help me to just create that popup.

And my other question about the stat player example the strengh i need to lvl that on hit (i can find it how to do it) that dont affect the classes( the classes just give skill)

i need they popup window to choose the species

UMG UI designer will allow you to create in-game interfaces: https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Engine/UMG/QuickStart/

stat player example the strengh i need to lvl that on hit (i can find it how to do it) that dont affect the classes( the classes just give skill)

Split your character stats from your character classes/skills, tackle each as their own problem. For example, every character has stats and also x number of classes, the classes control which skills the player has access to. If you try to store stats in player classes you will run into issues as the player would have multiple stats (based on the number of classes they have) and which stats should be used?

for few second i though you said OH MY GOD XD but i think im in the good way now thank to you, you are great help!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement