Sign in to follow this  
Josheir

Looking for code to review.

I have read two books thoroughly on C++ and I am looking for some intermediate code to train on to learn the skill of reading/fixing other people's code in the work place.  I'd like Something that will compile with visual studio.     

The idea is to read the code to develop my programming skill and gain ability at reading other people's code too.

Nothing real simple and as complex as needs be.

Thank you,

Joshuaeir

P.S.  I am interested in programming games too and I spent five years programming a 2D adventure game in C++.

Edited by Josheir

I am looking for some intermediate code to train on to learn the skill of reading/fixing other people's code in the work place.
There are zillion open source projects in all shapes and sizes, for all platforms, for all purposes, in all languages.

Many of these projects have code, they have bugs that need fixing, and they have feature requests that can be added.

Visit a few code hosting sites, and try to find something you fancy working on.

I took the other route, and started by finding a fun game I wanted work on instead.

Well I thought someone could recommend something really great for me, like a game that uses many classes in C++ for visual studio 2008, 2010, or 2012.

After all the holiday season is not to far off,

JoshuaE

Edited by Josheir

In the same vein as ChaosEngine's suggestion, I found great value in having a peek at the source code for Wolfenstein and Doom.

I would say first tidy your code with good indentation, naming convention and removing "fluff code".  Then, go to town on comments and documentation.  In the end, its really a matter of experience so make sure you put aside regular time to ensure its being done.