Sign in to follow this  
Ewald

Beached! ...A brandnew free Interactive Fiction game.

Hi there!
My name is Ewald Bal. I'm the CSO at BrightSight-People, an indie software company from The Netherlands.

I've always loved text adventures or Interactive Fiction nowadays. And I am proud to bring you a brand-new and totally free game called “Beached!
An oldschool text adventure with modern-day touches.

In Beached! you play a stranded, cocky castaway roaming a deserted island in the Caribbean Sea.
Help this poor guy survive the island, using nothing but it’s natural resources, which is easier said than done, of course. 

Beached! Is a small game, as it is the first in a series to come. Survival is your main goal in this first part, escaping the island will happen in later episodes.
I hope you’ll enjoy Beached! For its atmosphere and crazy sense of humor if you force the protagonist into wacky situations.

It’s a totally free game with NO advertisements.
Please, mail feedback if you enjoyed the game (or not...) and suggest a good name for our hero, to be used in upcoming episodes.

Greetz,
Ewald Bal
mail: info@brightsight-people.com
startup.png

Hi all!
Just to inform you: Beached! has just had a small update.
Some issues, brought up by the community, have been fixed.

1) A few bugs have been crashed and a few typos have been undone.
2) The commands list has been expanded with some of your recommendations.
3) The insolence of the games responses has been turned down a bit.
4) The interactive map has been updated (click on the ingame blue/black MAP/HINTS button).

The next update to come:
1) Checking all available location exits in the parser.

Enjoy some more!
Greetz,
Ewald
map.png
Edited by Ewald

Hello all!
Beached! has just been updated.

*) The exits problem with some locations have been fixed. You now get the right directions in the location describtions, as wel as after typing 'exits'.
*) The text parser has been updated to recognise more commands. It starts to recognise commands with more then two words.
*) The interactive map has been slightly adjusted and some more hints were added, in case you get stuck. To open the map, click the map/hints button on the left side of the screen.

Enjoy!

Sign in to follow this