Need PS2 Linux Kit Realease Info. ASAP

Started by
22 comments, last by KwamiMatrix 22 years, 4 months ago
Anyone know the exact date for the PS2 Linux kit online realease? I want one extremely bad. Extremely Edem Attiogbe
Edem Attiogbe
Advertisement
Me too, can''t wait to get one.
www.ivgdb.com Internet Videogame Database
How does it work? Is it free?

You program on Linux to make Ps2 games?

Artificial intelligence is the devil... resist intelligent NPC''s

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you..."~Friedrich Nietzsche
------------------------------Put THAT in your smoke and pipe it
Its not free, it will cost about $200.
www.ivgdb.com Internet Videogame Database
And you have to buy a ''sync-on-green'' monitor, which, as far as I know, is just a Sony Trinitron (congratulations, Sony just pulled a Microsoft on you. )

"It''''s the Big, Evil Microsoft Corporation & Wicked, Greedy, Too-Fucking-Rich Bill Gates vs. the We''''re-In-It-for-the-Love-and-Free-Software-for-Everybody & the Self-Effacing (Seeming) Folk Hero Linus B. Torvalds thing."
- Linus Torvalds, describing how many portray him
[email=dumass@poppet.com]dumass@poppet.com[/email]
And about how much will that cost?

Artificial intelligence is the devil... resist intelligent NPC''s

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you..."~Friedrich Nietzsche
------------------------------Put THAT in your smoke and pipe it
about $200. With reguards to the VGA adapter that comes with the PS2 Linux kit, I won''t use it because I also plan to get the PS2 LCD Display. The full details of the kit: http://cgi.ca.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1289509229

Edem Attiogbe
Edem Attiogbe

Hello all,

Thought I join the fray considering I have one. So if you have any specific questions I''ll do my best to answer.

As far as I heard there are no plans on releasing it in the US. There is a big petition but so far Sony hasn''t announced anything.

On the ''sync-on-green'', originally I was afraid I would have to get a Sony monitor but luckily it worked on one of my monitors. I was also able to get it work on a ViewSonic 17GS.

How does it work?

The package includes a USB (Jap)keyboard, USB mouse, DVD-ROM, VGA adapter, PCMCIA net/HD card, and a 40GB external IDE HD. After hooking everything up, you then install a special version of Linux on the external HD. The last thing you make is a boot mem card. You then boot Linux on the HD at which point it is a full Linux system with development tools. (You need to at least use the VGA adapter once to install but you can make it boot to NTSC afterwards)

It originally cost $200 but that''s when it was released. I believe there''s only 2000 made. So getting at that price would only be possible if it was released in the US.

Think that covers most of the posts.
Nice vpu. It was officially announced for the US by a Sony Representative. I got the Info from Slashdot.com, ConsoleWire.com, and here, Gamedev.net.

Edem Attiogbe
Edem Attiogbe
Sorry bout that. Just got out of crunch-mode at work. Missed that rather BIG news.

Looks like it is not just US, it''s a worldwide release.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement