Game idea

Started by
11 comments, last by Alexey Makarov 7 years, 4 months ago
I have a great game idea but I don't know how well it would pan out. This idea is like minecraft and fallout. In this game you start off in a world with nothing but clothes. You create weapons and tools to slowly progress in to building a town where you dig to lay pipes and build power grids but in the first person aspect. You explore to find resources to help build. All while batteLing the elements and keeping away wildlife and some other sort of threat. Basically starting a civilization of your own.
Advertisement
Sounds great. When are you going to start programming it?

You won't find a team willing to just dive in and bring your idea to life, as everyone has their own ideas they want to create so the only way youll find out how it will pan out is to code it.

What other game development projects have you completed? What are your skill sets? Are you a programmer, artist, musician?

Good luck!

May want to look at 7 days to die, has some elements posted but basically minecraft, more zombies, and dead world.

I have seen 7 days to die. It's really good but difficult to survive. I have made one game but not a public one. But I am an artist to do the levels and models and stuff no programming experience. I know I can't get a group to just whip up code for me. But do sent hurt to ask haha.

I know I can't get a group to just whip up code for me. But do sent hurt to ask haha.

OK, it doesn't, but don't ask in a discussion forum (use the Hobby Project Classifieds
for that sort of thing).

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Wasn't aswing here lmao. Just asking for opinions. And thoughto on what else I should add and stuff like that.

Are you trying to create a story or is your goal simply to survive? Also, look into Rust, that game probably reflects a bit as well.

I would start by asking yourself questions to be honest. A few that come to mind are:

What type of aesthetics am I placing on the game?

Do I want an isolated world and something players can destroy and is randomly generated?

What are the rules of the world? Can it be completely modified or does it have limits?

If I let them completely modify it, what impacts will it have on the game? (I.e. digging under someones house, will it collapse it? Can someone just dig out the irrigation or water pipes form the ground, breaking an entire system?)

Basically, I think it is best to start defining your game more clearly, see how the mechanics you envision interact with each other, the world, and players, and go from there.

Thank you duninn this is wonderful feed back I am deciding on creating a lore. And defining theses things. Those are really great questions. And things I should look in to. I wanted to get feedback like that. Any more questions for me to consider please ask away.
I guess I thrive on positive feedback myself, as I had an idea that may work to set your game apart.

Basically, how do you want players to interact?

By asking this question myself, you can possibly create really unique servers. Since it is an apocalyptic society, you can toy with the idea of dividing the world into two spheres: A safe zone and the waste land.

In the safe zone PvP is disabled and other players cannot modify or destroy your structures unless in same "gang".

In the wasteland, it is a PvP free for all where "gangs" can kill anyone and possibly their own members. Also, all building scan he modified or destroyed by anyone.

You can further set these spheres apart and encourage exploration of both by making only certain resources, monsters, and other aspects exclusive to each.

Hope this helps, my mind is kind of insane and tends to have random spurts of creativity and mechanics via rules.

Also let me know if you ever need help, would love to get some practice writing lore, bouncing ideas, and writing some rules.
That sounds like an amazing idea pm me your Gmail. Would like to contact you personally. And I like the idea of gangs maybe even little quests to get some nice resources and such.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement