• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

The daily WTF - time to laugh at me

This topic is 472 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement

Hahahaha,  I like stories like that.

They simply add to my knowledge of how fucked up the software world is... (And I generally try to avoid fucked up things).

Generally when file is locked try ProcessExplorer (windows) ,locate the handle and simply close it :) 

Generally when file is locked try ProcessExplorer (windows) ,locate the handle and simply close it :)

True enough. This is how I discovered it was VBCSCOMPILER.exe locking the folder. Unfortunately, killing it unlocked the folder only temporarily, until I tried to recompile...

Hahahaha,  I like stories like that.
They simply add to my knowledge of how fucked up the software world is... (And I generally try to avoid fucked up things).

Ugh process explorer. So useful and so annoying.

It's had a memory leak in it for getting close to a decade now that nobody has fixed despite being reported dozens of times to sysinternals and ms.

Try leaving it running for a few weeks on a server which rapidly spawns short lived processes, and see what happens.

THAT is my own wtf... :(

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement