• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
qxsl2000

How does trapezoid drawing with perspective correct works?

This topic is 678 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Recently I've read a few articles about drawing trapezoid on the Internet, which it solved the problem of  wrong  perspective over texture mapping between two triangles by using homogeneous coordinate  stq (leave r zero).

It's said that the default 2d uv(0,0) ==> 3d (0,0,width)  homogeneous coordinate,  and 2d uv(0,1) ==> (0, width,width), which the width is length that the texture to be mapped, it 's clear that after divide by the the w(or q) the interpolated texture coordinate  is the same as  the original uv coordinate.  i need to know why is it? how does it works? cause i can't figure out the subtle difference in between, or math behind it.

Could your guys explain in detail. i really appreciate it! thank you!

Edited by qxsl2000

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!