Sign in to follow this  

What Do you Use When Your Job Hunting? (Redacted)

If you fulfill all those qualities, you're likely over-qualified for the job.

By that description, you can basically do any job. However, you don't need all jobs in the world, you only need one job, that is, the job that fits your qualities.

Personally I prefer to use certain websites which tell me where the jobs like to congregate, by their watering holes. I then get a headhunter to sneak up with a sharp knife while they're sleeping in their dens and cut off their heads :D

Job heads make great trophies for my fireplace...

You need not be the best for the company. Instead, you need to be among the best of those who apply.

The problem is that every company's needs are different. Someone who is a great fit for one company's needs may be a terrible fit for another company's needs. On the same reasoning, one person may love working at a specific company but another person may hate working at that same company.

For the weapon analogy, I would't use any type of gun, preferring a small dagger where you must strike with precision. A shotgun approach may contact with a bunch of businesses, but it is better if you can carefully chose your mark and precisely get the specific job you want.

Correct your "your"s to "you're"s, or rewrite it in the voice of a tally-ho, pip-pip, stiff upper lip, great white hunter in a pith helmet and use "one is". 

It seems when it comes to bagging a specimen of the genus Employmentus Productivus, one is expected to:

1. Have some sort of unique transforming firearm with transmogrifying ammuniton that would make Maskelyne proud.

That way you're absolutely not a lone wolf gun nut, looking for a reason to execute the entire HR department

Correct your "your"s to "you're"s, or rewrite it in the voice of a tally-ho, pip-pip, stiff upper lip, great white hunter in a pith helmet and use "one is". 

It seems when it comes to bagging a specimen of the genus Employmentus Productivus, one is expected to:

1. Have some sort of unique transforming firearm with transmogrifying ammuniton that would make Maskelyne proud.

That way you're absolutely not a lone wolf gun nut, looking for a reason to execute the entire HR department

lol,

Yes, that's the spirit!

This seems like a really overstretched metaphor.

Are you sure your getting the point and click?

Edited by GeneralJist

This seems like a really overstretched metaphor.

Are you sure your getting the point and click?

Trigger Warning:Bad puns in sight

I believe he should retire to an empty chamber, stop becoming a smooth bore, barrelling in to the breach like a charging rhinoceros. It might help if he'd shell out on a few magazines, lest he gets a clip round the ear, what ho, old bean? :wink:

Edited by Eulagrief

I realized our little issue from the other thread might be traced back to how "meat" is used in
this thread.

No.

Ahh,
I see, ya, like jobs found in a forest or desert, or the like.

It's a hunting analogy, is it not? Where do hunters hunt? In the forest. Or in designated
hunting grounds.
The industry is where one hunts for jobs. The forest is where one hunts for bears. Edited by Tom Sloper

The industry is where one hunts for jobs. The forest is where one hunts for bears.

We're going on a bear hunt.
We're going to catch a big one.
What a beautiful day!
We're not scared.

Damn you beat me to it... I wanted to make a parody image of the book cover, one man on another back, piggy backing, shops and businesses boarded up behind them saying "out of business".

The book title? "were going on a job hunt" :lol: