• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Steam games

This topic is 463 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Someone mentioned that Steam was where people mainly get their games.  Are the games on Steam played online or downloaded?

Thank you,

JoshuaE

Advertisement

If you're interested in games and/or game dev should probably just download Steam and get familiar with it. They're about to have a big winter sale, so now would be the time.

it has recently become a tsunami of shite cheap games

(Which - despite massive amounts of complaining - has caused no actual problems for anyone anywhere.)

This. Actually, it's not anywhere near over saturated yet. I have an awful game on steam I bought the rights to/added cards etc, and it's making around $180/month.

There's still a large opportunity for .50 shovelware with steam features (Trading cards/achievements etc).

Does Steam only accept games from major publishers, or will I take a game from an indie developer?

Any new developer (Without a major publisher) has to go through greenlight.

Basically you pay $100, and upload a description/screenshots of your game, and people vote on whether or on they'd buy it. If you get a few thousand yes votes, steam is willing to host your game.

https://steamcommunity.com/greenlight

What is the typical earnings for a typical tile based game, pretty great?

And where\how is everyone selling indie games besides Steam and Greenlight? 

(With some figures if possible?)

Thank you so much,

Joshua

Edited by Josheir

nd where\how is everyone selling indie games besides Steam and Greenlight? 

There are a lot more - like F.e. itch.io and gog.com ... you can also host on your site for example.

I can't give you any figures as I don't currently have any product on Steam.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement