Hi! This is my first game! Test? Comments? (Im 15 btw)

Started by
10 comments, last by ravens1224 7 years, 3 months ago

Hi! My names Roman I am 15 years old and have been studying C# for about a year and a half now. I have worked on games with friends and some mainly never got fineshed fully and to call myself a game developer I set off to make one on my own and this is what I have to give. I know it may now be the best but its a game and I am proud of it! I would love your feedback, comments, and reports :). Thanks!

PS: If you know C# you can edit my code and mod it :P

DropBox Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gue1o0wydoma41x/Go%20Snake%20Go%20Game.zip?dl=0

If the download doesnt work tell me please

Advertisement

It worked on Windows 8.1. Game over menu doesn't show text on the buttons. The bets part of this project is that you chose something small and finished it. This is smart of you. Focus on finishing more advanced projects and you will be pro in no time. :)

I'll try it tonight, you can also upload it on gamejolt for free and get feedbacks.

Very impressive. Simple sweat and short.

very excellent first game, simple design, and well executed.

as Daimos said the text after dying/beating a level does not appear for me(windows 10).

pretty simple and easy concept, the level progression is well placed with more difficult geometry to navigate, it's definitly a great first game overall.

It probably woudn't be a bad mobile puzzle games, improve the graphics a bit, add some more obstacle types and levels(maybe add a door/key you have to obtain first to extend a level, or objects to push around) and it'd probably do pretty well as a mobile game(of course don't forget marketing if you want people to actually play it. :P)

Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.

That was quite fun and challenging! Timing on level 9 took me a while to nail down. I like how you don't collide with your own body but lose track of where you are if you do :).

Like the others have said, the text after dying doesn't appear for me (Windows 8.1). Also, an option to restart the same level again would be nice.

Congratulations on your excellent first finished game!

You all dont know how thankful I am for all your comments as they are very constructive and motivating! Thank you all so much!

That was quite fun and challenging! Timing on level 9 took me a while to nail down. I like how you don't collide with your own body but lose track of where you are if you do :).

Like the others have said, the text after dying doesn't appear for me (Windows 8.1). Also, an option to restart the same level again would be nice.

Congratulations on your excellent first finished game!

Thanks! Its a windows 10 game and a restart I tried but wih the software I used it restarts the main form not the form level you are on but I could code it to reset all the assets in the level

very excellent first game, simple design, and well executed.
as Daimos said the text after dying/beating a level does not appear for me(windows 10).
pretty simple and easy concept, the level progression is well placed with more difficult geometry to navigate, it's definitly a great first game overall.
It probably woudn't be a bad mobile puzzle games, improve the graphics a bit, add some more obstacle types and levels(maybe add a door/key you have to obtain first to extend a level, or objects to push around) and it'd probably do pretty well as a mobile game(of course don't forget marketing if you want people to actually play it. :P)

Thanks so much! Ill definately be adding this to my collection and remember all of your comments

Very impressive. Simple sweat and short.

Thanks!

It worked on Windows 8.1. Game over menu doesn't show text on the buttons. The bets part of this project is that you chose something small and finished it. This is smart of you. Focus on finishing more advanced projects and you will be pro in no time. :)

Thanks I really appreciate it

That was a nice quick challenge, not too quick though I died a lot :D The white trailing helps amp difficulty and tension, good stuff!

That was a nice quick challenge, not too quick though I died a lot :D The white trailing helps amp difficulty and tension, good stuff!

Thanks for the feedback!

It's pretty cool, though one thing I noticed: I pressed x while I was in a level, it closed, however I checked my processes

snbake.pngupload jpg

That's definitely not good. The game wasn't open on my taskbar, but the process itself didn't die, meaning it was running in the background.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement