• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
xWiiLLz

FlappyBerg - A Flappy Bird remake for PC

This topic is 722 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

banner.png

Presentation

First of all, let me present myself. My name is William Bergeron-Drouin, I'm currently in "Cégep" studying computer science and maths.
For my final project in the Software development with graphical interface course, I did a remake of the famous Flappy Bird game on PC.

You can download the game at the following page: http://flappyberg.com

The website is bilingual, but the game is currently only in French. I will update it to make it bilingual in the next few days.

[hr]

Languages and technologies used:

• C#
  • MonoGame
  • JSon.NET (To communicate with the API)
  • PHP (Bilingual website and API for leaderboards)

[hr]

Screenshots of the game

MainMenu.jpg

game-window.png

HelpScreenBackground.png

Any comments and questions are welcomed.

[hr]

Advertisement

Flappy bird worked mostly because of the touching, but I guess it could be okay with clicking a mouse. Maybe it would work in a similar fashion to a cookie clicker.

Flappy bird worked mostly because of the touching, but I guess it could be okay with clicking a mouse. Maybe it would work in a similar fashion to a cookie clicker.

Thanks for the comment. My game is designed for windows, so I used the spacebar to replicate the original touch on cellphones.

I think it makes a similar experience. Have you tried it? :)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!