Kallen 3d [alpha] feedback and critics

Started by
40 comments, last by Ayrin Greenflag 6 years, 1 month ago

Hello, it's been a while since my last post and don't know if this post will be considered spam and deleted, i'm making a 3d rpg and would like some feedback from players. The game will be totally free. Try it and let me know https://playcanv.as/p/rjC13fWv/

Advertisement

I tried it. Seems like it has potential but it needs a lot of polish. This is the feedback i have so far:

1) When you shift click and attack in town you can't move afterwards.

2) Movement animation looks weird.

3) Movement could be a lot faster in town. Maybe a little bit faster in dungeons.

4) If you quickly tap on enemies then you seem to attack unrelated to your actual attack speed.

5) I managed to explore the dungeon a bit, find some chests and defeat some enemies. The game froze after defeating an enemy.

6) Could use more information what to do at start. Maybe even an arrow towards the dungeon. More information on basics like left click to move and left click on enemies to attack.

7) Initial hint text shouldn't be black

[attachment=34409:dark_hint.jpg]

Hello @t9s1n2 & @vstrakh thanks for your time trying out Kallen, the initial panel totally need a different color of the font, i will test all the points you told me, for the attack speed for now it's fixed, later on it will improve when the swordmanship will rise, so it will be tied to the ability and not to how fast you click the mouse, it's strange that when you release the shift the player don't move uhm..will look into it for first. More updates will follow so stay tuned ;)

fixed point 1 and point 7...for point 6 the first time you click on the cleric a dialogue box appear and explain you the situation. Next fixes coming soon. Thanks a lot guys.

Glad to see you're making progress. Keep up the good work! I was thinking that maybe the player could run in town and walk in dungeon. The player would be more cautious in dungeon, so they'd walk there and more carefree in town, so they could run there. It would look a lot better as well. I thought i'd also clarify about the movement animation, it looks too short and jumpy. I think the UI could also use a bit more polish. The experience bar looks kinda out of place, maybe it could be to the side of text box? Also most RPGs have orbs for health and mana, maybe you could have something like that too? They really don't look that good on top of your character. Maybe add an outline around your text? Can't wait to try the game again after these things are changed.

The player can run if i hold down the ctrl key when clicking around. I haven't used orbs because the game at start was built to be multiplayer. I have switched to single player for the first release and it's development will be multiplayer, it will have 2 more bars for food and water too because it will be a real rpg and not an hack and slash like diablo. That's why you can butcher the deer and get raw meat, later with cooking skills you can have rations to consume. But first i want to work around all objects and dungeon furnitures and funtains. With a rug you will be able to sleep in dungeon..be carful to have enough rations to eat and water to drink...and be carful about random encounters....monsters can find you when you are asleep ;)

That sounds cool! Will it be a MMO? I guess it will have tiredness stat as well? It should probably have crafting as well. You could make everything you need for survival (equipment, sleeping bags, health potions, etc). It would be cool if you can also gain levels in all of those things. Kinda feels like Runescape or Don't Starve combined with Diablo now. It might be a good idea to focus more on survival elements instead of combat in this case, not many games do that, so this way the game will be more fresh and good in it's own way. Having an in-depth survival system should give the player enough to focus on as long as there is a little bit of decent combat. Can't wait to see where this is heading. There could be night terrors too that have a chance to visit you while sleeping as well. Maybe the game could even have sanity. You could encounter things in the dungeon that lower your sanity, maybe you have to get out of the dungeon to restore it or can use sanity potions. The lower your sanity is the more you get attacked by night terrors as well. You should definitely add that you can run to introduction menu as well.

I don't know if u ever played eye of the beholder, i want to mix some of it with diablo elements and more rpg elements.

Hello again, Version 0.0.16 deployed, added guilds and new abilities.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement