GUI-Library for Users

Started by
8 comments, last by Tangletail 7 years, 4 months ago

Hello forum : )

I'm looking for a GUI-library that can be used and "easily" customisable for C++.

It shall be used to look pretty and not be some kind of developer-tool.

Following widgets would be amazing:

• Buttons
  • Scrollable lists
  • One-liner text input

It needs to support Windows, Linux, Android and iOS and free for commercial use.

I do not need any graphical editors to arrange them! Just creating them via plain old code.

I already tried to find some, but most seem to be rather used for debugging.

Thanks for taking your time to read my post : )

Advertisement
HTML5.

Embed Chromium for the easiest/cheapest solution.

There are some HTML-like libraries of far less capability liked libRocket. There's also libraries mildly inspired by HTML-style markup such as newer versions of CeGUI.

When you're looking at many modern game's UIs (the non-HUD portions, at least) there's a decent chance that they're built with Chromium/CEF. Valve uses it for Steam, RIOT uses it for their launcher, etc.

There are things like Coherent UI if you need higher-perf HTML5 support for things like your HUD, but these libraries are almost all closed-source and non-free (Coherent for instance is very expensive for an indie game).

Sean Middleditch – Game Systems Engineer – Join my team!

Oh, I knew the C++-tag on this topic wouldn't be enough. I will edit my start-post.

While I know Chromium, I pretty much look for a C++-library. Thanks though : )

Edit: Wait, there is actually a binding for C++?? Oh, gotta read into that.

Have you ever done it yourself? I've tried to compile chromium onve myself, it took me 2 hours of waiting and i gave up.

I'm using Sciter, and I'm in love with it! Not sure what platforms exactly it supports though.

Have you ever done it yourself? I've tried to compile chromium onve myself, it took me 2 hours of waiting and i gave up.

https://cefbuilds.com/

Two hours is nothing for a project of that scale, unfortunately - most non-game devs don't seem to have the same reverence for fast compiles that we do. :/

Two hours is nothing for a project of that scale, unfortunately - most non-game devs don't seem to have the same reverence for fast compiles that we do. :/

It really seems like a huge project. But will it make my RAM usage insane? Or exe-size?
It's not like I want to build everything on it, just for some lovely visuals. No need for an overkilling library that will just make my game on a phone go up to 100mb+, haha.

It really seems like a huge project. But will it make my RAM usage insane? Or exe-size?
It's not like I want to build everything on it, just for some lovely visuals. No need of overkilling libraries that will just make my game on a phone go up to 100mb+, haha.

I derped and totally missed the phone part you had right there in bold text. :) Ignore everything I've said, Chromium isn't an option for you.

You might try libRocket or something instead. I've used libRocket and wasn't super happy with it but it got the job done.

NoesisGui is your friend:

Noesis is honestly not bad at it's price point for Indies.

Another option is Crazy Eddies GUI.... if you don't mind XML.

Though my half finished set up is currently based on Crazy Eddies, but uses Lua to define templates

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement