CreateTexture2D fails for GeForce GTX 280 user

Started by
15 comments, last by captain_crunch 7 years, 3 months ago

You should turn on the debug layer, microsoft will shoot at you what is the invalid arguments, no need to guess again and again.

Advertisement

You should turn on the debug layer, microsoft will shoot at you what is the invalid arguments, no need to guess again and again.

Unfortunately I don't own that card, so it's not possible to debug the user's error. But I will try to find out what the parameters look like.

You might be able to reproduce the problem yourself by explicitly requesting a 10.0 or 10.1 feature level when you initialize the device.

WARP is also a feature level 10.1 device, so it might be worth testing with that.

WARP is also a feature level 10.1 device, so it might be worth testing with that.

Actually they updated WARP to support 11_0 and 11_1.

Another user with a GeForce 9500 GT just reported the same error. That video card is also from 2008/2009.

You need to be able to reproduce the bug yourself to identify the problem, and be confident that any fix you make has solved the problem.

If you can't reproduce the problem another way, you could always buy yourself a second hand 9500 GT. A graphics card that old won't be expensive.

I work on a laptop.

I think instead I will try to add more detailed output to the exception and have the user report the results...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement