• Popular Tags

• Popular Now

• Advertisement
  • Similar Content

• By MoreLion
      Project Name:The Legends Gate:Battle Of Sorrugar
      Studio: Inbound Entertainment.
      Engine: Unreal Engine 4
      Platforms: PC And Mac(Steam) & Xbox One/PS4 (Very Very Far Future)
      Team Size:3
      Compensation: Royalty/Payback After Funding
      Roles Required:Environment Artist/3D Animator/Level Designer And Unreal Engine Programmer And Any Others!
      Project Length: Hoping For Release In 2020/2022
      [3D ANIMATOR/ENVIRONMENT ARTIST] - Realistic Assets/Textures - GUI Creation - Environment Asset Creation - Create Animations
      [PROGRAMMER REQUIREMENTS] - Fluent Programming - Work With Other Programmers And 3D Artists - Must Be Able To Create Combat Systems And NPC AI Systems
      About Me: I’m A Game Designer With A Bit Of Experience, I’ve Been Working On This Project Game Design Wise For Nearly 4 years.
      The Project Has Changed So Much, especially Story And GamePlay Wise.
      Project Description: Hello! Me And A Concept Artist Are Looking To Start Up This Team, You Can See What We Are Looking For Above, The Game Is A First Person RPG And Is Also Open World, This Is An Ambitious Project That I’ve Been Working On For 4 Years Game Design Wise And Story Wise. I Will Tell You More About The Story When You Apply Below. Also We Welcome Any Other Skills You Want To Offer As The Game Is Currently In Pre Production And Building A Team Is Very Important.
      Apply:DM Me On Discord riobio55#1958 or email me at liondude12@gmail.com
    • By lucky6969b
      I want to calculate the position of the camera, but I always get a vector of zeros.

D3DXMATRIX viewMat; pDev->GetTransform(D3DTS_VIEW, &viewMat); D3DXMatrixInverse(&viewMat, NULL, &viewMat); D3DXVECTOR3 camPos(viewMat._41, viewMat._42, viewMat._43); log->Write( L"Camera Position: %f %f %f\n", camPos.x, camPos.y, camPos.z);

Could anyone please shed some lights on this?
    • By Garret Thomson
      Hey all,
      I just wanted to share a VS extension. It's useful for other people who are debugging multiple processes (aka server, player1, player2) with breakpoints that will break across those processes. It just puts up a (user defined sized) label in your window telling you which process the debugger dropped into. It's simple, but useful for rapid fire debugging for multiple processes to make it obvious that process you broke in. Just put some cookie text in your command lines and configure it from View -> Other Windows -> Process Hint.
      Feedback or questions welcome.
    • By bsudheer
      Leap Leap Leap! is a fast-paced, endless running game where you leap from rooftop to rooftop in a computer simulated world.

This is a free run game and get excited by this fabulous computer simulated world of skyscrapers and surreal colors in parallax effect. On your way, collect cubes and revival points as many as you can to make a long run.

Features of Leap Leap Leap:
      -Option of two themes: Black or White.
      -Simple one touch gameplay.
      -Attractive art.
      -Effective use of parallax.
      To Download the game:
      Playstore: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.avakaigames.leap
      Appstore: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/leap-leap-leap/id683764406?mt=8

• By isu diss
      I'm following rastertek tutorial 14 (http://rastertek.com/tertut14.html). The problem is, slope based texturing doesn't work in my application. There are plenty of slopes in my terrain. None of them get slope color.
      float4 PSMAIN(DS_OUTPUT Input) : SV_Target { float4 grassColor; float4 slopeColor; float4 rockColor; float slope; float blendAmount; float4 textureColor; grassColor = txTerGrassy.Sample(SSTerrain, Input.TextureCoords); slopeColor = txTerMossRocky.Sample(SSTerrain, Input.TextureCoords); rockColor = txTerRocky.Sample(SSTerrain, Input.TextureCoords); // Calculate the slope of this point. slope = (1.0f - Input.LSNormal.y); if(slope < 0.2) { blendAmount = slope / 0.2f; textureColor = lerp(grassColor, slopeColor, blendAmount); } if((slope < 0.7) && (slope >= 0.2f)) { blendAmount = (slope - 0.2f) * (1.0f / (0.7f - 0.2f)); textureColor = lerp(slopeColor, rockColor, blendAmount); } if(slope >= 0.7) { textureColor = rockColor; } return float4(textureColor.rgb, 1); } Can anyone help me? Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Somewhere on Zibylon - sci fi puzzle-stealth

Somewhere on Zibylon
(work in progress)
Gameplay trailer:

" rel="external">

About the game:

Sci-fi exploration puzzle game with stealth elements, set in deep space and without gravity.

The signal from the Control Center of the colonized planet Zibylon has been lost. A repair drone is sent to the station. Upon arrival, it detects loss of control over the stations and strange activity taking place in them. Using the capabilities of the drone and the orbital module, explore Zibylon, solve puzzles, hide from enemies and fight with them, search for resources and produce equipment to capture stations and mines. If you want to regain control over the stations, figure out the tangled mechanisms and structures and avoid the many dangers that threaten you.

Main features:

- Explore the space stations and the entire planet.

- Solve the variety of environmental puzzles.

- Use stealth to find ways to avoid skirmishes with aliens.

- Combat the alien forces, using the capabilities of the orbital module.  

- Search and capture space bases and mines.

- Mining, crafting and researching technologies for equipping and arming the orbital module.

Game modes:

(Explanation of the game process and game modes).

The game contains two game modes - Drone Mode and Planet Control. The essence of the game is to reach new levels in Planet Control mode, and then pass them in Drone Mode.

In Planet Control mode the player controls the orbital module, which explores the planet and finds the captured stations. Destroying the aliens' defensive weapon first will give access to most stations. Installing the weapon and the reinforced hull to the orbital module increases your strength. Extracting resources and using the crafting mode to produce all the necessary details are key to winning. Producing these requires certain technologies; they become available after passing the corresponding level in the drone mode.

The Drone Mode refers to exploration of huge space stations, solving logical tasks and avoiding collisions with aliens by using stealth.

Links to the game:
IndieDB page
Official website

Any feedback is appreciated!

Edited by JohnyBGooD

Demonstration of an example of game process - the way through spheres:
In this example the player needs to pass through the spheres connected with each other. In each static sphere there is a rotating sphere with openings. To pass to the following static sphere, the player has to pass through openings of two rotating spheres. To avoid a deadlock, you need to think over the path before beginning the task.

Combination of puzzles and stealth

This example shows how the game combined puzzles and stealth. To open the door at the end of the hangar, the player must place the drone above the first sensor. Further the player needs to move ahead so that the drone is always over a sensor and doesn't descend from this way. If the player departs from the sensors, then the door will be closed and will need to start all over again. The enemy's drones are on duty around and you need to pass unnoticed. To do this, you need to rise above or below over the sensors, as well as adjust the light intensity of the drone's searchlight. Thus, the player will be at a distance from the enemy drones and unnoticed by them. Further you need to go by the path of sensors to the end of the hangar and pass through the gateway. 

Support the game on Steam Greenlight:

Warp jump instead of stealth. Find a way to activate the accelerators and get past the enemies at warp speed. This passing method is coming to replace the usual stealth in this level. Another example of a combination of puzzle and stealth.