Worlds within worlds!

Started by
42 comments, last by jpetrie 7 years, 3 months ago

Your probably puzzled how I done it? It's a clever idea I invented, I call it CACP. Works great. :)

Took me about a day to achieve...

I'm hoping to create a full applications and games engine, worlds within worlds where you can fully enter and characters can go in and out of.

Also a full 3D windows and GUI system.

screen.jpg

Advertisement

Vague topic title made sound important with "!", vague description of a system, mentions an idea and a non described acronym.

This makes it very hard to even wonder what this topic is about. :mellow:

Vague topic title made sound important with "!", vague description of a system, mentions an idea and a non described acronym.

Purely to puzzle you. :)

Something different...

Something different...

No, it's just puzzling. Can you offer more details? Can you explain what we're supposed to be seeing in that pic? What does "CACP" stand for?

You said it is a clever idea and that we're probably wondering how you did it. I'm wondering what the idea is in the first place? Demonstrate what you've accomplished here and then we'll wonder how you did it.

Something different...

No, it's just puzzling. Can you offer more details? Can you explain what we're supposed to be seeing in that pic? What does "CACP" stand for?

You said it is a clever idea and that we're probably wondering how you did it. I'm wondering what the idea is in the first place? Demonstrate what you've accomplished here and then we'll wonder how you did it.

How I got the cube to stick outside the portal.

Can't tell you what CACP stands for because it's all I've got(Hopefully to make a bit of cash) sorry...

If you spent time developing this cube sticking outside the portal you will discover CACP.

It's easy copying someones else's work and making money... though I simply wanted to show that it is possible. :)

Why is it impressive that the cube is sticking out of a frame?

That takes 10 seconds to do in Unreal Engine or Unity.

I'm also confused, is this a troll?

I don't know. Either he doesn't know that portal rendering is literally decades old or he's trolling.

you mean like how portals is supposed to work?

you mean like how portals is supposed to work?

Yes.

I don't know. Either he doesn't know that portal rendering is literally decades old or he's trolling.

That depends how it is done, mine is a single render pass to do the whole thing. No cheating with textures.

Then why not just post this as a personal journal post about you implementing portal rendering? as I see absolutely nothing groundbreaking not already done in lots of other engines or titles.

the reason I have to say its not groundbreaking, is because you seem to think you invented something which looks and acts exactly like a traditional portal rendering engine does. :mellow:

It's easy copying someones else's work and making money... though I simply wanted to show that it is possible.

We already know it is. :blink:

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement