Title of a RTS?

Started by
9 comments, last by tyhender 7 years, 2 months ago

Not sure if topic suits here or writing for games (but the title should convey the gameplay:)

I'm working on a traditional RTS in the vains of Dune 2. Also influensed by starcraft/age of empires and others. The setting is near-future and 3 factions fighting for resources in a desert location. Either it will be futurised versions of USA, China and a third undecided faction, or 3 rather fictional factions.

2D, topdown, base-building RTS

Multiplayer and single-player

Retro feeling

Hit me with your best suggestions:)

Advertisement

I'd like to ask what resources specifically--if the game is about fighting over said resources as they're extremely needed, perhaps the game's name might include one of them.

im using three right now:

funds (base resource)

metal (middle of the ground, not so rare)

thorium (rare. Used for advanced units. Could be rare earth elements or something else)

So something about thorium maybe (first that come to mind is of course "Thorium Wars":). But I might change that one so not sure. Might also change down to only two resources depending if i want to simplify economy / base building such as skipping conversion buildings (convert funds to the more advanced resources at a heavy loss).

Any ideas on aesthetic? (Diesel Punk, Cyber Punk, or Post-Modern?) That could help too. Personally as far as the name goes, I'd go with something fancy (and slightly overdramatic) like Shadows of the Desert/Shadows in the Desert

Simplified robotic scifi. Sort of total annihilation mixed with dune 2. And some starcraft-terran spacestyle:)

Hi Suliman!

We at ThoriumEnergyWorld.com are all behind you!

How did you get the thorium idea?

LOL!

It's a good mix of scifi and real feeling to it. The idea is that its used for engine power in vehicles. And it could be a rare element that can be mined on the map.

However the player also builds power plants (a base structure), and if thorium power is available, why not also use it for the power plants? (i dont want that since I need the third resource to be spend on units only)

Cool!
Except that The will never directly be a car fuel. I urge you to have the power plants and then either electricity or a chemical from the plants powering the cars.

What game development experience do you have? What have you developed before?

LOL^

This is Epic gold!

Yall must have thorium powered google alerts!

If only God would appear like this, whenever he is mentioned, would really make us all go "Jesus Christ"!

Making a 3D RTS myself, be interested in learning more as well.

Call your game "Thorium Secrets" XD

Our company homepage:

https://honorgames.co/

My New Book!:

https://booklocker.com/books/13011.html

"Thorium" is quite a strong name on it's own in my view.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement