First time here. Feedback on vibes?

Started by
6 comments, last by Bsmeth 7 years, 2 months ago

I make all my music using mostly hardware, eurorack modular and a bit of Post-processing. It's not chiptune per-se but has some elements of it. Any chance of a quick listen?

Nice to be here!

https://soundcloud.com/aptamusic/rainbowisland/s-WxD6Z

Advertisement

not bad. i almost liked it

:DDDDDD

That's some great feedback :D

I've never used any real hardware modulars. Just tried some vst stuff like Reaktor. Sounds good and the flow in the song is nice. And it really sounds like Rainbow Island would sound in my head. Actually way back there was a game on Amiga (I think) where you build/shoot rainbows and climb up. This would fit perfectly on that game :)

Haha. Thanks to you both for the feedback. That was the game! It was called rainbow Island. An absolute classic!

Haha. Thanks to you both for the feedback. That was the game! It was called rainbow Island. An absolute classic!

Really! :DD I had no idea that was the name of the game :D

Guess I named it well at least ?

Some really nice ideas and I enjoyed how you kept the song moving forward - developing new motifs for the listener to latch onto. Good work!

Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

Very Postal Service–esque. I really like the positive vibe and variety.
If I should be more serious it sounds like theres a touch of clipping caused by the kick drum especially starting at about 1:58.

But that is a small detail.

Thank you both! I've been told for a while about the postal service comparison, but never heard much of their stuff! Should probably give it a listen. As for the clipping, you're absolutely right, meant to re-record the drums but did it on a bit of a make-pattern, record pattern, turn off drum Machine tip. Foolish, perhaps. Thanks so much!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement