Developer Looking to Join Team

Started by
3 comments, last by BtySgtMajor 7 years, 3 months ago

Hi there,

Every so often I try to get back into hobby-driven game programming. I'm the CTO of a software company located in Canada and have a lot on the go, but I'd still like to be able to contribute bits here and there.

My background is varied. I've been in the development industry since before I left university, so I have some 16-17 years' of professional programming under my belt, not including another 10+ done as a kid.

Very familiar/comfortable with C/C++, Java, C#, VB.NET. Use plenty of other languages, but those likely aren't too relevant for games programming (does anyone still use Tcl/Tk? In fairness, the last time I used it was in school some ~15 years ago).

I've done work with UE3 (mostly scripting and modding), including some games prototyping/development and modding (created mods for XCOM2).

I've contributed to (or at least sent PRs to) the OpenXCOM project (C++-based).

I'm not looking to contribute to mobile platforms as I have zero experience (or desire) to do so (I can count the number of mobile games I like on one hand, although that Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes has been done impressively). I'm happy with the good ol' desktop!

I'm not looking for any major roles here. It would just be nice to contribute on a regular basis in whatever development capacity is needed. My ego isn't a factor as I know I still have plenty to learn (isn't that always the case?).

Genres/things I'm interested in include: RPGs, sci-fi in general (if Rogue One didn't seriously re-ignite a fire under Star Wars fans, I don't know what will), platformers, tactical, FPSes (to an extent), milsims, etc.

Thanks for reading!

Advertisement

Hey :)
We are a team building a MMORPG with AAA graphics.
If you wanna join us and need more info e-mail me at: jgakamix@gmail.com or themysteriesofgenesis@gmail.com

I could use a few contributors, whether coder or artist to help me to to launch of my Space/Sci-Fi RTS game Interstellar: The Endless War.

https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/wip-interstellar-the-endless-war-a-realistic-space-rts.430522/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkibO7Yj2xOmRZyq5iQKgWQ

Things I need:

1) 3d modeling and optimzing of texture

2) Multiplayer infrastructure (I'm focusing on Single player to get to alpha launch).

3) UI art assets (portraits, model pics, tech pics, various iconography)

4) Complete overhaul of the UI

5) Voice SFx queues and storytelling

6) Website design and social media campaign person (I want to get this on kickstarter after being greenlit)

Hey there, I came from a similar background as yours and I would heavily recommend you to look into Monogame if you're more proficient on the coding side of things.

Hey :)
We are a team building a MMORPG with AAA graphics.
If you wanna join us and need more info e-mail me at: jgakamix@gmail.com or themysteriesofgenesis@gmail.com

Could be interesting. But given my limited experience, how much of a contribution do you feel I could honestly make?

I could use a few contributors, whether coder or artist to help me to to launch of my Space/Sci-Fi RTS game Interstellar: The Endless War.

https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/wip-interstellar-the-endless-war-a-realistic-space-rts.430522/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkibO7Yj2xOmRZyq5iQKgWQ

Things I need:

1) 3d modeling and optimzing of texture

2) Multiplayer infrastructure (I'm focusing on Single player to get to alpha launch).

3) UI art assets (portraits, model pics, tech pics, various iconography)

4) Complete overhaul of the UI

5) Voice SFx queues and storytelling

6) Website design and social media campaign person (I want to get this on kickstarter after being greenlit)

Wow, looks good. Don't think I'll be of much help here given what you need to do as I'm entirely unfamiliar with Unity and the tasks as presented are likely past my skill set. Thanks, though, and good luck!

Hey there, I came from a similar background as yours and I would heavily recommend you to look into Monogame if you're more proficient on the coding side of things.

Thanks! Will definitely do.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement