• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Android and Visual Studio

This topic is 466 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Right now, I've been having a really tough time finding a solution to this issue I have with Visual Studio's Android development solution.  So far, I haven't found any help on MSDN nor anyone else with a solution.  It's really ridiculous when you get right down to the problem though.

What is it?  When packaging a pre-built .so file, such as libopenal.so, the entire .apk just stops working.  What happens is that when I create a new project (NDK project), I build the sample, and it works just fine.  The main .so file (libMyGame.so) gets loaded fine from the directory.  But when I add my prebuilt .so file to the project, it does get placed in the same directory as libMyGame.so, but then the directory that the .apk tries to open it from gets appended with a -1 or -2, and so on for some reason, so nothing gets loaded, and I can't do much about it.  This isn't making any sense.  I even tried to add to the project the source code of OpenAL-Soft and build it statically, same issue.

Anyone else have this issue?  It would be nice if Logcat output would just stay in the debug window, but it disappears after the launch fails.  I know I can call adb logcat, but it's a pain to single out the issue from there.  For now, I'm using Eclipse on my Mac, but without debugging or breakpoints available to me.

Any advice/suggestions would be helpful.

Shogun

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement