Hobbist game designer looking to make games

Started by
13 comments, last by tyhender 7 years, 2 months ago

Hi, My name is Craig and I am a trained video game designer who has worked with people before on multiple projects. None of them have been followed through to completion due to lack of commitment and focus by the majority of other members. I recently tried to create a game by myself however it gets frustrating and boring on my own, it would be good to at least have someone to talk things through with on a semi regular basis. I have purchased a couple of courses on programming to start to learn a new skill however I would like to work with a team and at least make a game in full and put it on the market before I learn other things.

I have been introduced to existing concepts from a production level and helping to improve it or streamlined the production of work. I have more experience in creating brand new concepts and building in an empty engine.

I would like to join a couple of other people, at least one that has an interest in programming and one in an interest in art so we can create a game. The reason why I said an interest is that I don't mind how much you know or what you can do as long as your willing to learn what's needed to get jobs done.

My Skype is Welshwalkers1. Feel free to add me on Skype or reply on here and we can have a chat and see if we feel like working together. Also if you have any questions from me, please ask and I will answer.

Advertisement

Would you like to work on a UE4 SciFi Wargame?

Developer with a bit of Kickstarter and business experience.

YouTube Channel: Hostile Viking Studio
Twitter: @Precursors_Dawn

What languages do you know?

Our company homepage:

https://honorgames.co/

My New Book!:

https://booklocker.com/books/13011.html

I don't know any mainstream languages, I only know how to use GML. It's all I've needed to learn at the moment. I've used Unity but as a level designer so I never scripted on that. I am willing to learn anything that would help the workflow of the group.

I am more looking for a couple of people to make a game with in spare time. Nothing too heavy as I have other commitments, as do many others. I am currently working on a solo project but sometimes it gets frustrating to work by myself. If I were to work with someone else, I wouldn't mind if they wanted to take on my project and finish it off, or if they wanted me to design a new concept from scratch, I love doing it. It would just be more efficient to work with and learn from others as I go. That's all I want really. A little more fun as I work on things :)

Would you like to work on a UE4 SciFi Wargame?

What kind of work do you need done? If I think I can help I would love to.

Hey Walkers,

How are you?

Spotted your post and thought I'd drop you a line.

Would you believe I'm a hobbyist game developer looking to make games :)

If you wanna chat more let me know.

The classifieds threads are here for people looking to bring on members or connect with other people looking for help with their projects. Not to critique one's motivation, goals, or skill level, and not to lecture somebody on what they should or shouldn't be doing with their time, persuing educationally, or whatever. There are forums on this site where you can dispense such advice, but this isn't one of them.

I have cleaned up the offending posts. Please keep future discussion related only to recruitment.

The classifieds threads are here for people looking to bring on members or connect with other people looking for help with their projects. Not to critique one's motivation, goals, or skill level, and not to lecture somebody on what they should or shouldn't be doing with their time, persuing educationally, or whatever. There are forums on this site where you can dispense such advice, but this isn't one of them.

I have cleaned up the offending posts. Please keep future discussion related only to recruitment.

Thank you Josh :)

I was going to ask this thread to be locked so it didn't get derailed anymore.

Hey Walkers,

How are you?

Spotted your post and thought I'd drop you a line.

Would you believe I'm a hobbyist game developer looking to make games :)

If you wanna chat more let me know.

Thanks for your interest :)
I already have a coder lined up to work with but I wouldn't mind having another to split the work load. As we all have otehr commitments to work around.
I will send you a message now with more information and we will see if you're still interesed.

@Everyone,

Apologies, may have gone a bit overboard.

But many of us have high standards, and we push them for the betterment of gamedev as a whole.

If a poster's commitment seems in question, and the viability of long term success in doubt, I'd say we have a duty to express our concern.

Honestly, if you don't want critical critique of Hobbyist ADs, then a forum is not the best platform for classifieds.

(I very much look forward to the re-implementation of the old system when ready.)

Our company homepage:

https://honorgames.co/

My New Book!:

https://booklocker.com/books/13011.html

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement