Egyptian Style Platformer - Feedback?

Started by
2 comments, last by janwinnicki 7 years, 2 months ago

Hi all.

I recently worked on the sound and music for an Egyptian styled platformer. I would greatly appreciate any feedback you could give on both of these aspects, including any constructive criticism you may have.

[media]https:

[/media]

Advertisement

I think it's fine. Balance between music and sound is probably a matter of personal taste and I prefer music to be a little bit louder but I wouldn't bother me while playing. The same as for the usage of stereo panning in platformer genre - I prefer it to be narrowed a little bit or turned off.

It may seem odd but I liked the moment when music becomes quiet after entering the building It gives a little breathe from loop repeating.

The boss drones during the fight are fine but I feel like laser shoot doesn't conver any energy. There is no power. Taking shoots is quiet, not to obvious to catch by ear and death moment was like... nothing really happend. I think you can add some stronger sounds there.

♫♪♩♫ sound effects ♦ music ♦ for games ♫♪♩♫

I agree with all of the points here!
Unfortuneately for the implementation I wasn't as involved as I had hoped to be, but having the full project now will mean I can make changes to the audio mix.

I brought the music track mix down specifically to hear the sound effects more but again I can balance it more, or add the option later to change ingame.

For the sounds I agree there should be more power, again may be balancing the mix as with the boss attacks and death sounds. I will add more to these sounds to make them stand out!

Thank you for the feedback it was very helpful!

You are welcome.

♫♪♩♫ sound effects ♦ music ♦ for games ♫♪♩♫

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement