What are you working on?

Started by
102 comments, last by Shehabuhj 6 years, 3 months ago

I've been working for some time on finishing and polishing my arcade puzzler.

See my journal (links in my signature) for more information :)

Advertisement

I'm an indie VR game developer working on my first game, Spellbound.

Most of my work for the past 3-4 months has been technical "behind the scenes" kinds of functionality stuff rather than visuals an aesthetics. I re-architected my core game code to support multiple hardware input controllers via a common control interface. Now, I can swap out an HTC Vive or Oculus Rift, and no code or config changes are necessary, and adding support for future VR hardware platforms will be very fast and easy. Also, you can now crouch and your character collision profile shrinks to match, and the animation roughly matches your pose.

I'm also adding in some illustrations to complement my story telling. Here's one of those illustrations:

http://imgur.com/a/LQGjq (kinda big)

FormulaEngine - a different way to script games

Looks interesting, I don't think I've seen you mention that one before!

Now, all that’s left is to update my blog. :^)

Haha, looks like you have fallen behind a bit! Your test looks like it's almost a game!

Curver - "intuitive 2D sculpting workflow". Curver aims to optimize the process of creating clean line-art by implementing an intuitive sculpting workflow. Featuring a small and focused set of tools, working with curves is no longer a chore.

That's pretty different, seems interesting! It looks pretty clumsy for just designing a glyph like in the video, what do you think your ideal intended use-case might be?

- Jason Astle-Adams

That's a lot of impressive work!

As a hobbyist who want to get into the game industry in a few years, I feel really small next to you!

For my part, I currently experiment with engines and libraries to find the ones I feel good working with. With the goal to make a set of simple shooter/plateformer/roguelike/other with them until I handle them well before attacking my "real" RPG project. But since everything is actually only written on notebook, I don't really have something to show about it...

That's a lot of impressive work!
As a hobbyist who want to get into the game industry in a few years, I feel really small next to you!

Go back about 10 years and a lot of our more experienced members were in your position, keep at it and in another decade you'll be the one impressing beginners! :)

- Jason Astle-Adams

After finally setting myself free from work, now I am ready to dedicate whole 2017 to finish my browser game project (which involves planning, catching up with latest programming stuff and well making game itself) which may not be as fascinating as what you people work on :)

Unfortunately at this point, there is nothing to show beside logo sketch :/ (if we don't count many pages of master plan written on paper)

WuhKaGC.png

mostates by moson?e | Embrace your burden

Excited to be working on Adliberum Engine; my multiplayer open-world text adventure engine with descriptive scripting language.

Aiming to release the First Edition available for deployment in Q1 / Q2 2017. Lots of work still to go, but plowing ahead.

More info at wiki.adliberum.com
Press at press.adliberum.com

adl_box_art.png

I'm fairly new to games (originally was just producing music, branching out into games and story telling), I had an idea for a fictional universe and am working on using it for a game. Been figuring out the art style, as a newbie I'm thinking 2d action adventure, may think about RPG elements but my main focus is the story.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:8139]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:8230]

Go back about 10 years and a lot of our more experienced members were in your position, keep at it and in another decade you'll be the one impressing beginners! :)

Thank you for the encouragements! :)

That's my hopes for the future! But i'm working myself on gamedev seriously since ~2012, and I only have some prototype and a few Ludum Dare! That's not much for 5 years :(

I'm currently working on A Door to the Mists, a first-person game of traversal, exploration, puzzle-solving, and sparse combat (albeit that the combat is in third-person). My blog should be linked-to in my signature.

Of late I've been primarily working on cutscenes; once I've completed the current cutscene (the one intended to play before the first level) and likely one more short one after it, I intend to get back to level-building.

A video showing the tutorial level:

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

My Twitter Account: @EbornIan

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement